Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you're planning on riding where you think you may need 4 point harnesses versus the seatbelts, the skidplate would be a requirement versus a preventative add-on. Crawl under your machine and take a look at how close the oil pan is to the crossmember. There is also no protection for the shift linkage.

Seatbelt held me in here, and I sat like this for a good while as my "friends" took pictures :rolleyes: . I would recommend the harnesses as well, but the skid is more important since you'll need it to tackle many of the more challenging areas/trails.

View attachment 217903
TRUTH^^^^^^^^^

advertisement
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ok so as for skids..... I know the UHMW is the top pick but I have to say, I made my own out of 1/4" aluminum and I love it so far. Around $225 all in + my time obviously (nights well spent in the shop)
The toughest stuff I've rode was up in RRB when I've been told the trails at the time were terrible. I'm not the type to baby my stuff and I wasn't going to let my rig be the cause of turning back mid trail cause "I might break somet'n". Just saying, if u need a skid and are on a "budget" a little DIY goes a long ways
20200521 145002 HDR
20200521 202217
20200521 195325

gparks

gparks

Aug 10, 2020
Asheville NC
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Quick question here I am a proud new member of the club & looking to do my 1st ride at RB as described above & meet some of you fine folks. I have a friend who has a Can-Am would he be welcome to join us on this ride? Or Honda only rides? Either way I plan trying to make the ride at least on Saturday. Also do you really need to carry extra fuel?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Quick question here I am a proud new member of the club & looking to do my 1st ride at RB as described above & meet some of you fine folks. I have a friend who has a Can-Am would he be welcome to join us on this ride? Or Honda only rides? Either way I plan trying to make the ride at least on Saturday. Also do you really need to carry extra fuel?
Anybody is welcome regardless of make, but he better not get stuck :p...

You'll be close enough to a gas station to go get gas if need be.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4

Agreed, all are welcome, lesser machines may get picked on more. LOL.

C

coleman4868

I always carry extra gas, but haven't needed it yet when I start the day with a full tank. I rode all day at windrock Saturday, started with a full tank and ended the day with a quarter tank. I rode from 10am to 8pm, cover we over 100 miles.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!