TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I believe that in order to ride an ATV or Side By Side on the designated public roads around the RRB area, you must be wearing a helmet and have proof of liability insurance. I cannot find anything official on the internet, however when I was up there in April I was told by the TWRA Rangers that this was the case. Maybe someone that rides there more often can confirm or deny this rule.
Helmets and insurance is required by law on the designated atv roads. From what I've seen and experienced, the city and county police will not pull you over unless you're doing something stupid. I've seen state troopers pull over atv riders without helmets but never a sxs. I pulled into the gas station beside a state trooper last week with no helmet. Was in line directly in front of him and bought beer. Went out got in my sxs and waved at him when I pulled out. Now if u get into an accident or something, then they will have to inforce the law(tickets).

EMAW

EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sorry , I realize this is way off the subject!! My wife is very interested in checking this place out after we’re done riding RRB. It’s call Natural Bridge Resort Park (Red River Gorge) in the Daniel Boone National Forest Kentucky. Is it worth the time .....to go there? Thanks!!!

DrShotgun

DrShotgun

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2020
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry , I realize this is way off the subject!! My wife is very interested in checking this place out after we’re done riding RRB. It’s call Natural Bridge Resort Park (Red River Gorge) in the Daniel Boone National Forest Kentucky. Is it worth the time .....to go there? Thanks!!!

It’s pretty cool to see. You can kayak in caves or the river, hike, or rock climb

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Daniel Boone thought it was worth the time to go there 😁 just funnin ya, if @DrShotgun says it’s a good place then it’s a good place, we know we can trust him cuz he drives a pioneer.👍

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
When we were there in may we brought helmets but didn’t wear them when on the road, and most people in SXS’s didn’t either, even passed a deputy with no problem, I was told that if your not being a dick you shouldn’t have a problem. That’s your call, you are supposed to wear one when on the roads.
Ive not worn one on the road and they just waved when I'd go by.

gparks

gparks

Aug 10, 2020
Asheville NC
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Interesting conversation going on here about helmets. I will be wearing one at all times that way the kiddos don’t start asking why you don’t have to wear yours. I like having it on anyway keeps you warm in the winter & reduces the sound of the machine. However I don’t wear one when just cruising around the house enough of my two cents on helmets lol. What will Saturdays ride be like? This will be my first trip to RRB & will have the Wife & Kids hopefully they want be scared for life. Well the wife any way the kids don’t really care 6yr olds are fearless.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Interesting conversation going on here about helmets. I will be wearing one at all times that way the kiddos don’t start asking why you don’t have to wear yours. I like having it on anyway keeps you warm in the winter & reduces the sound of the machine. However I don’t wear one when just cruising around the house enough of my two cents on helmets lol. What will Saturdays ride be like? This will be my first trip to RRB & will have the Wife & Kids hopefully they want be scared for life. Well the wife any way the kids don’t really care 6yr olds are fearless.
I'll be with the wife and our 5&6 yr old too! It'll be fun not'n to worry about 😉. When the trail gets rough I tell the kids to hold on (they already know what that means 😂) and the wife doesn't get that freaked out anymore, especially after seeing other machines go first 😏. It'll be a blast!! As far as the actual ride, I'm pretty sure FRI is pretty much a all day trip to prison/train and SAT is just whatever comes.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any of you guys have any stock steel rims for a 1000-5 that you want to get rid of? I'm looking for extras.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Any of you guys have any stock steel rims for a 1000-5 that you want to get rid of? I'm looking for extras.
I've got my stock Deluxe takeoffs that I'll make you a deal on. No cuts or plugs. They are just sitting in the garage taking up space.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
@Average_Joe - There's probably someone staying at one of the campgrounds that wouldn't mind you parking the trailer/your machine there if you all end up not being able to find a room at the Comfort Inn. I've stayed at the Super 8 in Caryville twice and it wasn't bad. Not the Hilton, but a clean place to sleep and cheap.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Average_Joe - There's probably someone staying at one of the campgrounds that wouldn't mind you parking the trailer/your machine there if you all end up not being able to find a room at the Comfort Inn. I've stayed at the Super 8 in Caryville twice and it wasn't bad. Not the Hilton, but a clean place to sleep and cheap.
We are in eagle rock if he needs a place to park for the day.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am at eagle rock as well. As for tires and wheels I just got a complete 2nd set would possibly trade for the deluxe set then you could work out a deal with 100Acre
I'm confused

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am at eagle rock as well. As for tires and wheels I just got a complete 2nd set would possibly trade for the deluxe set then you could work out a deal with 100Acre
I live 15 miles NW of Asheville. Sent you a PM the other day

Reactions: Backwoods
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!