Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes, you can camp nearly anywhere along the trail.
Like the original post said, there are literally thousands of miles that can be ridden, and camping is allowed as long as you stay on an improved trail. They really don't like people going off the trail, even to make a camping spot. And there are officers patrolling on atvs, (it's awesome getting paid to ride the trail all day)
Thanks PTP, What kind of officers?

P

PaiuteTrailPioneer

Apr 30, 2016
Utah
Both local deputies, and forest service certified officers.

P

PaiuteTrailPioneer

Apr 30, 2016
Utah
It's not too hot in August, as long as you stay in the mountains. It's pretty warm when you drop into the valleys. it's usually rainy too, but planning it a year in advance means you are shooting in the dark as far as what the weather will be.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I am certain we want to miss the crowds of the jamboree. May look at first week of October 2018. Should be some snow to play in then drop into the valley for 60+ degrees weather. Weather changes on us daily by the hour, early AM in Marysville would be close to 20 but by 10 AM was in mid 50s as sun came over the summit. That was during last week of October.

There are houses and cabins to be had not just camping sites so no big deal in you haven't an RV.

@PaiuteTrailPioneer thanks for the insight and offer of help. I went 4 years ago and can't wait to go back. When we do this I will be there 2 weeks early to really scope out the best bang for the buck in riding time and routes. Would be great to meet up and see what you have been too that I don't know about which is likely a lot. I still have my GPS tracks from then and 30 hours of video to correspond with each days ride.

I can't wait!

P

PaiuteTrailPioneer

Apr 30, 2016
Utah
2018 is so far away.
I'm planning on going on a ride tomorrow!
I know, I know, I'm lucky to live here.
It's perfect weather this time of year.
I guess that's why they have the jamboree now too.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm in Smokey mountains with a TN trails system surrounding me with over 1000 miles to ride. But there is a heck of a difference from 3200 ft to 11000 ft elevation scenery. I still have it very good

P

PaiuteTrailPioneer

Apr 30, 2016
Utah
Smoky mountains?
Whenever I hear about the smoky mountains, it makes me think of some location that should be in the Lord of the Rings.
Like,
Go south of the misty mountains, through Fangorn Forest, past Rivendell, until you get to the smoky mountains.
Maybe I'm just a huge nerd though..

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Smoky mountains?
Whenever I hear about the smoky mountains, it makes me think of some location that should be in the Lord of the Rings.
Like,
Go south of the misty mountains, through Fangorn Forest, past Rivendell, until you get to the smoky mountains.
Maybe I'm just a huge nerd though..
Smoky map

GettyImages 573798635
Adam jones autumn view of fog from morton overlook great smoky mountains national park tennessee

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good morning Jackal. Thanks for the nice pictures and write up about your ride.

I just now discovered this post and wondering if this idea is still floating. 2018 is now closer than ever.

Cheers - Stauvo

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Good morning Jackal. Thanks for the nice pictures and write up about your ride.

I just now discovered this post and wondering if this idea is still floating. 2018 is now closer than ever.

Cheers - Stauvo
Sorry for the long delay, I will actually be in Utah the next 2 days and will be stopping by the 2 main places in Maryvale, UT that are dead center of the main 300 mile trail loop.

Plan on negotiating club discount and block off a group a cabins for a period of time for early reservations. Preliminary dates will be Sept. 21-24 but cannot confirm until speaking with campground owners.

Most of these trails are by far easier than Royal Blue but still have the hazards of rocks. The views are beyond compare. Just to get out of town at 6400 ft, and reach the main trail overlooking town at 10,800 ft takes 2 hrs of steady climbing.

We will find out real quick who doesn't keep thier radiator cleaned out.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry for the long delay, I will actually be in Utah the next 2 days and will be stopping by the 2 main places in Maryvale, UT that are dead center of the main 300 mile trail loop.

Plan on negotiating club discount and block off a group a cabins for a period of time for early reservations. Preliminary dates will be Sept. 21-24 but cannot confirm until speaking with campground owners.

Most of these trails are by far easier than Royal Blue but still have the hazards of rocks. The views are beyond compare. Just to get out of town at 6400 ft, and reach the main trail overlooking town at 10,800 ft takes 2 hrs of steady climbing.

I have been working a lot lately and have not been on the forum much bot jackal I will try to make this ride with ya'll if at all possible. My brother and I are looking to ride with ya'll as soon as possible. By the way we are about to finish a project in wich we have been working on for the last 3 months and would like to ride up your way in the next couple of weeks, would it be possible to get some of the guys together and ride with ya'll. :);)

Reactions: Stauvo
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Hi Jackal. Thank you for updates and scouting time.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I had a clean radiator and still had overheating issues in CO at 10k ft and above on long steep climbs. If red light comes on don’t push it lol. Give it a 5-10 break with fan running. Get after it again.

H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: Dp5hunter
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Jackal. This sounds like someplace that I’d really like to ride at .. I’ll try and schedule the time. Nebraska doesn’t have anyplace like this to ride thanks Terry
Yea, I'm working in Venezuela at this time and I'm hoping to make the ride as well. It would be an epic ride for shoor.

Reactions: Husker1
U

utahyank

Apr 9, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, you can camp nearly anywhere along the trail.
Like the original post said, there are literally thousands of miles that can be ridden, and camping is allowed as long as you stay on an improved trail. They really don't like people going off the trail, even to make a camping spot. And there are officers patrolling on atvs, (it's awesome getting paid to ride the trail all day)
Hi....I live just north of Logan Utah, and I am very interested in riding the Paiute Trails.....thinking about doing it no later than early Sept....do you recommend either camping or a motel in Richfield, then riding the Honda to the trails? What maps do you recommend? thanks.......

Reactions: Dp5hunter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!