P1000 Rigid 30” RDS installed

annoyed

annoyed

Oct 31, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, I had a light bar sitting in the garage for the past year from a truck I got rid of. Didn’t feel like putting it on my current truck, so figured I might as well use it on the pioneer.

Unfortunately it was too wide to use the factory rigid mounts. I ended up welding some strap to the old mounts to extend them where the brackets reached. Before I went this route I spent a bit of time trying to come up with a different solution, however this turned into the lesser evil.

I’m happy with how it came out. It’s not wired in yet as I’m waiting for a new crimper to come in before I can install and run the wires for my 2nd battery setup. I had one and have no clue where it went. Sigh, I’m sure I’ll find it a few days after the new crimper gets here.

414802F5 940A 42E5 9397 AA60ED7225C8
The bar is a little wider than ideal for where it’s mounted, unfortunately it blocks a little bit of the headlight beam, about 1/2” of the back of light bar gets light up with the lights on. Not a big deal in the end.... this bar puts out an insane amount of light, and being curved, it lights up a really wide path.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So, I had a light bar sitting in the garage for the past year from a truck I got rid of. Didn’t feel like putting it on my current truck, so figured I might as well use it on the pioneer.

Unfortunately it was too wide to use the factory rigid mounts. I ended up welding some strap to the old mounts to extend them where the brackets reached. Before I went this route I spent a bit of time trying to come up with a different solution, however this turned into the lesser evil.

I’m happy with how it came out. It’s not wired in yet as I’m waiting for a new crimper to come in before I can install and run the wires for my 2nd battery setup. I had one and have no clue where it went. Sigh, I’m sure I’ll find it a few days after the new crimper gets here.

View attachment 245342
The bar is a little wider than ideal for where it’s mounted, unfortunately it blocks a little bit of the headlight beam, about 1/2” of the back of light bar gets light up with the lights on. Not a big deal in the end.... this bar puts out an insane amount of light, and being curved, it lights up a really wide path.
Nice, does it leave room for airflow to the radiator? These things aren't great as it is when it comes to the cooling system.

Reactions: Bastardchild
annoyed

annoyed

Oct 31, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is a concern. I’m going to be paying close attention to my temps for a while once I get everything wrapped up. If it causes a problem I’ll have to remove the light bar and come up with a different solution.

Unfortunately right now it’s actually nice out with a high in the 50s-60s right now. The real test will be summer once the temps hit 110-115.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!