WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rode my rincon the other week and my radiator got clogged up with mud. Started losing coolant from the water pump drain. I thought it was just over heating so I immediately loaded up and quit riding. Today I went to put new coolant in the radiator and it started coming out of the drain on the bottom of water pump. Any ideas what's wrong? I'm thinking replace the water pump but wanted more thoughts. Also there is supposed to be a hose on this drain but it's missing. Does the hose have some sort of cap on it to prevent coolant from leaking? Thanks.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hose, yes. But its just a tube. No check valve. I wouldn't worry about the tube.

Your water pump seal is shot. I recomend getting a new waterpump.

Honda says its not rebuildable. But there are some aftermarket kits.

Still, I have to recomend a new unit vs rebuilding it as the shaft most likely won't seal with the kit.

Reactions: Mudwing and lee
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. That's what I was thinking

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!