Road Legal Michgan, 2019, HB 5639

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup that is the form I used. Possibly jumped the gun, but wanted to see how this worked and if I was going to get hassled.

You probably have the same insurance I do, which is for off road use.

Now I thought, we needed insurance before we went to SOS?

So what we take the updated and filled out TR-54 to SOS, get a Assembled title, then get insurance and then go back to SOS?
1 take signed TR-54 to SOS and get a New Assembled Title
2 Take to State Farm and Get an On the Road regular Policy
3 take that and Title Back to SOS get a New Plate and Registration

That's how my State Farm Rep Explained it to me, State Farm can't issue the on the Road Policy, Till Title Changes, So when I go in with the TR-54 I'm going to request an Instant Title so I can get all this crap hopefully done in one day

T

Trick

Jan 16, 2019
Waterford, MI
Ownership

1. Other Brand
1 take signed TR-54 to SOS and get a New Assembled Title
2 Take to State Farm and Get an On the Road regular Policy
3 take that and Title Back to SOS get a New Plate and Registration

That's how my State Farm Rep Explained it to me, State Farm can't issue the on the Road Policy, Till Title Changes, So when I go in with the TR-54 I'm going to request an Instant Title so I can get all this crap hopefully done in one day

Should we wait to go to SOS for Assemble Title or you think that is something we could get now?

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Should we wait to go to SOS for Assemble Title or you think that is something we could get now?
Everything I read says this takes affect on April 1, But what you got to lose they say come back on April 1 ? and with the new forum..LOL, Might as well try it at this point !!

Reactions: Remington
T

Trick

Jan 16, 2019
Waterford, MI
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I tried, stopped in SOS this morning. They told me to get the hell outta there, basically.:) She called the state and verified ORVs can't be licensed and didn't know of any change.

They gave me the 1-888-SOS-MICH phone number to call and check instead of coming in. I'll wait a month and call for updates.

Reactions: utvmi
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I tried, stopped in SOS this morning. They told me to get the hell outta there, basically.:) She called the state and verified ORVs can't be licensed and didn't know of any change.

They gave me the 1-888-SOS-MICH phone number to call and check instead of coming in. I'll wait a month and call for updates.
Yikes! My cousin that’s a sheriff says the sos ain’t nice people. They have power like a judge. He said when you fight a DD ticket, the sos sends in there lawyer. Thing is, there so powerful that he dosnt show! He in the courtroom via TV and basically listens and says “suspended 1 yr” and nothing else lmao

Reactions: utvmi
utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Well looks like its will be April 1st then, Got half the Turn signal kit installed will work on more this weekend

C

Cdframe

Mar 20, 2019
Cass City, michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Called the SOS they are closed today, But I think we will have to use Forum TR54, But I want to ask if the SOS will have an New Updated Forum for use to fill out or if they plan to use the same old one.

The SOS has not updated TR54, still says no ORVs so I will find out when the new ones will be published.
I emailed SOS, they responded saying the TR54 will not change and we can use the old one. I just hope they told the local SOS offices the same thing!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I emailed SOS, they responded saying the TR54 will not change and we can use the old one. I just hope they told the local SOS offices the same thing!
I see you just joined Wednesday. Welcome to the forum. What kind of machine do you have?

C

Cdframe

Mar 20, 2019
Cass City, michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see you just joined Wednesday. Welcome to the forum. What kind of machine do you have?
Just purchased a new 2018 pioneer 1000-5. Traded in our 700-4. Needed one that would go a little faster for road use.

C

Cdframe

Mar 20, 2019
Cass City, michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I finally got all paperwork to the Secretary of State. I am now waiting for the person from the regulatory commission to apply new vin#. Does anyone know how long the wait is for them to contact you?

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I finally got all paperwork to the Secretary of State. I am now waiting for the person from the regulatory commission to apply new vin#. Does anyone know how long the wait is for them to contact you?
I took about 2 weeks for the call, My local guy is saying I need a parking break separate from the existing one, working through the detail waiting for a call back from him this week, Keep us posted how it goes.

C

Cdframe

Mar 20, 2019
Cass City, michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I took about 2 weeks for the call, My local guy is saying I need a parking break separate from the existing one, working through the detail waiting for a call back from him this week, Keep us posted how it goes.
I called the SOS office and talked to a very nice lady in the regulatory commission office. She brought up the need for an emergency brake so I’m in the process of getting that taken care of. The list of requirements states a parking brake is needed which when put in park my Honda 1000 applies the back brake but she said it needs a brake that will actually stop the vehicle in case the brakes fail. She also said only one side by side in Michigan has passed final approval! This should be fun!

M

MVH

Aug 29, 2018
MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Grace performance in Wadhams is another dealer to try. I'm thinking I will try them if need service. Lapeer was only dealer that would talk with me online. Was cheaper to buy it there also.
I bought and services mine at Grace, (Jamie) always helps out and it was same price as Lapeer originally.

Reactions: ChadD
C

Cdframe

Mar 20, 2019
Cass City, michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you find someone to install an emergency brake yet? My dealer seems to be dragging his feet on this so I’m looking for other dealers who can’t do it.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I called the SOS office and talked to a very nice lady in the regulatory commission office. She brought up the need for an emergency brake so I’m in the process of getting that taken care of. The list of requirements states a parking brake is needed which when put in park my Honda 1000 applies the back brake but she said it needs a brake that will actually stop the vehicle in case the brakes fail. She also said only one side by side in Michigan has passed final approval! This should be fun!
Get the plate from another state?

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Correction, looking for dealers who can install emergency brake.
I'm also looking for someone to fabricate and install a parking break system for my 1000-5 also, let me know what you find out.

Reactions: Cdframe
C

Cdframe

Mar 20, 2019
Cass City, michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you find someone to install emergency brake?

C

Cdframe

Mar 20, 2019
Cass City, michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you find someone to install an emergency brake for you?

C

Cdframe

Mar 20, 2019
Cass City, michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!