Road Legal Michgan, 2019, HB 5639

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update, Just dropper my 1000-5 off to Dan to get the parking break kit installed today, They are all custom cut and fabricated onsite, they also have kits for, Polaris,Can-Am etc.

D3 CUSTOMS
11363 3RD AVE NW
Grand Rapids MI,49534
ask for Dan, Tell him Scott sent ya..
616-291-4196

WWW.D3CUSTOMS.COM

Nc ocAQmRlNVLKo0BP 7bMVIFA7jkPv JKapx bzTnmR62IHbUVPEaJB27hbBLJh9Ex3d9 k nc htscontent ort2 2
Nc ocAQk8G8OKySbw9eKblP5Kt8 Juv uCjKxZHmo8rZjPh8pODX5 PKzYzsc27ow07OvIzA nc htscontent ort2 2

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are all the inspectors that anal about it?
Will it be hand/foot/electric actuated?

Reactions: Remington
M

MVH

Aug 29, 2018
MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone in MI received a legal MI plate yet for a Pioneer? Can you list all modification you did. I am aware of DOT windshield w/wiper & squirters, turn signals, horn, DOT tires, license plat light, and mirror. It seems emergency brake as well?

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Will take pics when it comes back, its going to be hand operated, Inspector told me there is 600 in the system only 10 or so have passed.

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone in MI received a legal MI plate yet for a Pioneer? Can you list all modification you did. I am aware of DOT windshield w/wiper & squirters, turn signals, horn, DOT tires, license plat light, and mirror. It seems emergency brake as well?
Yes the one in the pic was just passed this week after getting the parking brake kit, I will list later after work.

H

hillbillyproud

May 6, 2019
Ortonville. Mi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update, Just dropper my 1000-5 off to Dan to get the parking break kit installed today, They are all custom cut and fabricated onsite, they also have kits for, Polaris,Can-Am etc.

D3 CUSTOMS
11363 3RD AVE NW
Grand Rapids MI,49534
ask for Dan, Tell him Scott sent ya..
616-291-4196

WWW.D3CUSTOMS.COM

View attachment 132819
View attachment 132820
Trying to get a parking brake on mine for street legal purposes too here in michigan. What does he want for his kit ?

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trying to get a parking brake on mine for street legal purposes too here in michigan. What does he want for his kit ?
Its not a kit, there are no kits, everything in fabricated in house and the custom brackets are Lazer cut and installed,cables etc. its around 1k out the door. Will know exact $$ when I get mine back this week.

H

hillbillyproud

May 6, 2019
Ortonville. Mi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its not a kit, there are no kits, everything in fabricated in house and the custom brackets are Lazer cut and installed,cables etc. its around 1k out the door. Will know exact $$ when I get mine back this week.
Damn that's pricey for an e-brake ! I understand that its custom but I've got almost 2k into mine for parts so far trying to make it street legal only to find out what theyre calling a "Parking brake" is actually a e-brake.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes they are! We now have Granholm 2.0 In office at the capital so let the bend over and hold the ankles begin :eek:

Reactions: utvmi
utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Damn that's pricey for an e-brake ! I understand that its custom but I've got almost 2k into mine for parts so far trying to make it street legal only to find out what theyre calling a "Parking brake" is actually a e-brake.

Yup not cheap, But I went through the whole process only to get screwed by state inspector and its worth it to me to be able to drive right down the dang road and wave at the cops as the pass the other way, all my trails no say no ORV but I can take a street legal truck or jeep down them.

Here is the part you need to read.

Mcl 257 705 Page 1
Mcl 257 705 Page 2

Reactions: MVH and Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
They should at least supply the lube ! But I guess they charge extra for that so she can fix the damn roads !!
Hahaha that would be the day. She wants to tax the hell out of our gas for that! We already have one of the highest gas prices in the nation. If they’d drug test half the people on welfare that don’t need it she’d have her money for the roads right there. But noooooo cant loose any votes by god.

H

hillbillyproud

May 6, 2019
Ortonville. Mi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup not cheap, But I went through the whole process only to get screwed by state inspector and its worth it to me to be able to drive right down the dang road and wave at the cops as the pass the other way, all my trails no say no ORV but I can take a street legal truck or jeep down them.

Here is the part you need to read.

View attachment 133187 View attachment 133188
I agree that its gonna be nice to ride the back roads and other trails that normally would be closed to orv's without fear of a ticket but it turned out to be very expensive , more so than I thought !

H

hillbillyproud

May 6, 2019
Ortonville. Mi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hahaha that would be the day. She wants to tax the hell out of our gas for that! We already have one of the highest gas prices in the nation. If they’d drug test half the people on welfare that don’t need it she’d have her money for the roads right there. But noooooo cant loose any votes I agree 110%, a ton of tax payer money goes for that and a lot of other stupid s*** that has no benefit to us tax payers

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I agree that its gonna be nice to ride the back roads and other trails that normally would be closed to orv's without fear of a ticket but it turned out to be very expensive , more so than I thought !
It will be nice that’s for sure. I’m just waiting to see how all this turns out before I do all the stuff. Where I ride at my cabin, we’re allowed to ride the shoulder in my county and the neighboring county as long as it’s not an M road. My cousin is a sheriff in Leelanau co and he says he and his fellow officers don’t have any issues with ORV guys as long as they stay off M roads and when they come to a light or stop sign to use it like a car, and just slow down and get over for passing cars. But it would be nice to be able to go places without worry tho.

H

hillbillyproud

May 6, 2019
Ortonville. Mi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It will be nice that’s for sure. I’m just waiting to see how all this turns out before I do all the stuff. Where I ride at my cabin, we’re allowed to ride the shoulder in my county and the neighboring county as long as it’s not an M road. My cousin is a sheriff in Leelanau co and he says he and his fellow officers don’t have any issues with ORV guys as long as they stay off M roads and when they come to a light or stop sign to use it like a car, and just slow down and get over for passing cars. But it would be nice to be able to go places without worry tho.
2k into it now so I'm already in too deep to stop now. I'm gonna beat them come hell or high water !

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!