P700 Road Legal (United Kingdom)

B

Bluecap

Nov 12, 2020
UK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi, I'm thinking of buying a Honda Pioneer 700-2 but I'm not sure about the road legality in the United Kingdom where I am from.

Is this forum mostly people from the USA? Is there anyone else from the UK that has knowledge on the issue of road legality?

I live in a rural location, I want to be able to drive it along the public road (it is a single track) from my land to another area of land which is 11 miles away.

Companies sell kits like this but I'm not sure if I'd need it:

An article about the UTV road use law in the UK:

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It is predominantly US but there have been random other countries represented. Hopefully someone with answers you seek stops by soon. In the meantime welcome to the club.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
You will have to research your own area rules for riding on the road and what is required. It’s different for different states in the US. But I can tell you that the 7hundo is a solid machine. 😎

Reactions: Vikes79 and Bluecap
B

Bluecap

Nov 12, 2020
UK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You will have to research your own area rules for riding on the road and what is required. It’s different for different states in the US. But I can tell you that the 7hundo is a solid machine. 😎

The machine looks fantastic so I'd love to get one, just need figure out the local rules and regulations for road legality. I've tried searching on google but it is confusing.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
The machine looks fantastic so I'd love to get one, just need figure out the local rules and regulations for road legality. I've tried searching on google but it is confusing.
Can you call your local Department of Transportation office? In my area you can’t register SxS’s so mine falls under agriculture vehicles. I need insurance, an orange triangle on the back, to stay on the shoulder of the road and no faster than 25MPH. This is to drive on the road. Others need turn signals, windshield and rated tires along with other items. Hope you get the answers you are looking for and look forward to seeing your new ride. 😎

Reactions: Vikes79 and CID
K

Kenora

Oct 27, 2020
Kenora NWO Canukistan
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'm in Canada and the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) laws regarding off road vehicle (ATV and SXS) differ from Province to Province. Being an over regulated country like this Britannia is likely the same...
Here in Ontario the HTA and ORVA (Off Road Veh Act) permit ATVs and SxS to operate on roadways with several caveats....here are a few...they must be licensed and insured, the driver must be licensed and sober, There are a number of reasonable rules regarding operation on the roads (but never on a Queens Highway... code for main highway). Municipalities can and do pass By-Laws further restricting use (like cities are generally verboten) but here in NW Ont the small city of Kenora is very ATV and SxS friendly...
Sooooooo. better ask the local gendarmes....
I've been operating ATVs here for 20 yrs and 20000 lm without ever an issue..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!