My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do they do it so roof still fits ?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

I’m doing it, I haven’t quite decided how I’m gonna do it yet, that’s a second cage I got in barter for some parts (one of which was my 40” light bar) and installation work.

Mine is still on the mosheen’

6d53cff663ddce4634a1ec8ed2477a50

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dammit..something else on my to-do list

If I hadn’t had a dead phone battery last night and the bar wasn’t already gone tonight, the light output comparison between this 90watt 7a draw 20” single row Rough Country bar and the “240watt” 4amp draw 40” Amazon special would convince you the extra $100 is worth it. Especially considering the size difference.

I threw it on with some leftover clamps for a output test but I’m dropping it down as close the the bumper as I can fit it when I get a chance next week.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m doing it, I haven’t quite decided how I’m gonna do it yet, that’s a second cage I got in barter for some parts (one of which was my 40” light bar) and installation work.

Mine is still on the mosheen’

View attachment 77555
Keep us posted. The way I built my sound system all cross bars need to say in same spot but had thought about coming down 4"

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I hadn’t had a dead phone battery last night and the bar wasn’t already gone tonight, the light output comparison between this 90watt 7a draw 20” single row Rough Country bar and the “240watt” 4amp draw 40” Amazon special would convince you the extra $100 is worth it. Especially considering the size difference.

I threw it on with some leftover clamps for a output test but I’m dropping it down as close the the bumper as I can fit it when I get a chance next week.
Looks good

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Keep us posted. The way I built my sound system all cross bars need to say in same spot but had thought about coming down 4"

I’m going to go about 1” taller than Joey since that’s all the extra clearance I need. It’s nuts how much less tippy mine feels without the windshield. I need to do a redneck tip test to see just how much more it can lean. Should’ve done that while I had a second machine in the garage with a winch.

I only have some lights, HAM radio, and sound bar mounted to the ROPS. The radio and sound bar are easy to move. The rest I would just make mounting points to swap easily or get a second set considering the dome lights were <$20 and if I don’t buy Rough Country X5’s and stay with the Amazon Pods they are also <$20. I am planning on two cages. Summer short and winter stock since I have factory doors and windshield. It’d be cheaper and easier to swap cages than to mod doors and windshield. I’d add a weather pack connector and have a second wiring harness on the second cage so it’d be plug n play.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m going to go about 1” taller than Joey since that’s all the extra clearance I need. It’s nuts how much less tippy mine feels without the windshield. I need to do a redneck tip test to see just how much more it can lean. Should’ve done that while I had a second machine in the garage with a winch.

I only have some lights, HAM radio, and sound bar mounted to the ROPS. The radio and sound bar are easy to move. The rest I would just make mounting points to swap easily or get a second set considering the dome lights were <$20 and if I don’t buy Rough Country X5’s and stay with the Amazon Pods they are also <$20. I am planning on two cages. Summer short and winter stock since I have factory doors and windshield. It’d be cheaper and easier to swap cages than to mod doors and windshield. I’d add a weather pack connector and have a second wiring harness on the second cage so it’d be plug n play.
Good idea

Reactions: ohanacreek
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 78222 View attachment 78223 View attachment 78225

I’m liking the latches so much I’m ordering 9more to do the rear storage and the door panels.

Hinges are gone once the additional latches get here.

TANSKY -1" Universal Aluminum Quick Latch Push Button Billet Hood Pins Lock Clip For VW Golf TK-DP016M-25
So no hinge at all? My latches arrived and I am going to install tomorrow. I ordered enough to do all the holes and I have hinges. My thoughts were to try just the latches first so it is good to hear your experience.

Reactions: Tigermark and BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So no hinge at all? My latches arrived and I am going to install tomorrow. I ordered enough to do all the holes and I have hinges. My thoughts were to try just the latches first so it is good to hear your experience.
The hinges have to have excellent alignment to not make the latches bind. No hinges solves the alignment issue. Makes the mod under 30mins and EASY for dang near anyone once you have latches and jigsaw.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also while I am sure you are riding today - did you cut down the latch bolts or screw into the plastic behind the nut insert?

Reactions: BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Also while I am sure you are riding today - did you cut down the latch bolts or screw into the plastic behind the nut insert?
I cut mine off to about a inch of thread.
Lining up the hing was in fact a b****. After a few tries. I started over. Used daughters playdow and made it a marking mold on the door for the hinge. Now i have almost perfect hole spots.

More info when I do side 2 this week.

Edit. Thought thos was the door mod thread. Lol. Copying there.

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I sprayed 120 gallons of glyophosphate (non-branded roundup) this morning.

Screwed into the plastic, I figured it would stabilize the setup a little since I am tugging on the panel to remove it.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I cut mine off to about a inch of thread.
Lining up the hing was in fact a b****. After a few tries. I started over. Used daughters playdow and made it a marking mold on the door for the hinge. Now i have almost perfect hole spots.

More info when I do side 2 this week.

Edit. Thought thos was the door mod thread. Lol. Copying there.
I think I want to nominate this @ohanacreek for best gadget of the week! Is there such a category? And BIG PRIZES ?

Reactions: BWAF