Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No the surge only has an input. Should have bought the Stealth but thought the switch would offer a convenience.
Price was same.
I Prime’d a radio. I’ll see in a few days.
I always find the audio lower through Bluetooth connections on pretty much any device vs plugging it in... but I still Bluetooth connect...

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I always find the audio lower through Bluetooth connections on pretty much any device vs plugging it in... but I still Bluetooth connect...
I haven’t noticed a difference and yours and Joeys were still both louder even using the same phone and music.

It’s the Bluetooth switch, I know it. The radio will confirm it when the sub and bar each have a full pre-amp output signal. I’m wondering what the draw will be at that point I’m guessing it will be around 30amps.

Reactions: BWAF
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I haven’t noticed a difference and yours and Joeys were still both louder even using the same phone and music.

It’s the Bluetooth switch, I know it. The radio will confirm it when the sub and bar each have a full pre-amp output signal. I’m wondering what the draw will be at that point I’m guessing it will be around 30amps.
I know this is going to sound stupid but..... Everytime I connect my phone via bluetooth with truck with Synch3 or MTX sound bar my media volume defaults to 75% and I have to turn it up on the phone to get full volume output level. I assume you have tried that?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know this is going to sound stupid but..... Everytime I connect my phone via bluetooth with truck with Synch3 or MTX sound bar my media volume defaults to 75% and I have to turn it up on the phone to get full volume output level. I assume you have tried that?

Yes, the switch actually controls the phone volume so changing volume on the phone is only way to control volume.

All the way up different eq settings in phone. The switch simply isn’t designed for two a sub and bar (according to WetSounds) but they sell it in combos....then advise you buy a $400 EQ to go along with it.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 73068

Let the modifications begin...

@joeymt33 is an expensive friend...but his door storage is another idea I’m going to steal. I’m glad he has the time to figure all this stuff out for us to use.
View attachment 73066
That door thing is one of my favorite ideas. I wish I could do it on a 3 seater

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I wanted to drop the lightbar and clean up the front of the machine to make it easier to see close in on technical trails. The through the hood snorkel forced me to have the lightbar mounted higher and more forward than I wanted to be able to get the hood off.

I grabbed some flex intake duct and bulkhead fittings and ran the intake through the right front fender. The fitting and snorkel on top of the fender is temporary until I weld up a new snorkel so it sits more level and is braced off the ROPS since it’s so close to the side.

View attachment 74602 View attachment 74603 View attachment 74601

With this setup I dropped the lightbar to about ⅛” off the bumper and, ⅜” off the hood using the weldable clamps. It gets it down and as out of the way as I can and still remove the hood. It also doesn’t shake like before and should be a more stable mount for the VIRB.

I really want a GOOD 18” lightbar that will sit right down on the upper bumper bar but I’ll save that for another day.

My powder showed up a few mins ago so I can get the all the mounts and a couple other things power coated tomorrow.
View attachment 74604
I really like where you put the snorkel. I never ran mine through the hood because I didn't want the hassle. I may have to try this design out.

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really like where you put the snorkel. I never ran mine through the hood because I didn't want the hassle. I may have to try this design out.

Thanks I like it better its way easier to see right in front with it there but it took a min to work up courage to cut the fender but I made sure the hose would fit several times before I took a drill to it to mount each side.

I am going to make a better connector out of metal and powerdcoat it. I think the plastic bulkhead connectors are too brittle

Reactions: Cuoutdoors and BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@joeymt33 gets all the credit for that one he had the awareness to try it and the guts/stupidity to cut a gaping hole in a door.
Yeah I know. The man deserves an award for sure. He should start making and selling them. Trim out the hole and put a custom logo on the panel. BOOM! I wondered if you could stick some flexible insulation to the inside and put a plug in the bottom you would have a hidden cooler. @joeymt33

Reactions: BWAF and joeymt33
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I know. The man deserves an award for sure. He should start making and selling them. Trim out the hole and put a custom logo on the panel. BOOM! I wondered if you could stick some flexible insulation to the inside and put a plug in the bottom you would have a hidden cooler. @joeymt33

I have a 4x8 sheet of ¼" HDPE I'll give him to attempt it...

Actually thats a really good idea, I wonder if a plastics shop could heat some HDPE and after putting insulation in there, make it fill the space? then have a gamma type lid to seal the cooler. Need a drain somehow.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Crap before I start on the tailgate cooler rack I may try to get a volume guesstimate of the empty door.
It's a little crude but after insulating you could use a large waterproof stuff sack. Put it in the hole then fill with ice and drinks. When you're done you can pull ice and water right out the hole.

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would you guys be willing to start a new thread for just the door modification?
I did a search when I first read about it in this thread and didn't find anything. I had to go through @joeymt33 build thread in his garage to find what you were talking about. I'm sure a lot of guys will be doing this, myself included, and am curious to see how guys tweak it to make it their own.

Thank you. Tim

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would you guys be willing to start a new thread for just the door modification?
I did a search when I first read about it in this thread and didn't find anything. I had to go through @joeymt33 build thread in his garage to find what you were talking about. I'm sure a lot of guys will be doing this, myself included, and am curious to see how guys tweak it to make it their own.

Thank you. Tim

I put “1000-5 rear door mod” at the bottom of my original post.

When I get to a computer I’ll try to copy them into a new thread.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can you post some pics of how you routed your snorkel to the fender. I'll likely be doing that shortly. Thanks

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you post some pics of how you routed your snorkel to the fender. I'll likely be doing that shortly. Thanks

It goes under the fender and has this same bulkhead type connector on the bottom.

This is 3” flex intake from Advance Auto
and cheap plastic bulkhead connectors. I’m working on a 3” steel bulkhead connector at the moment if I can ever get the time to finish it up. I may make a steel snorkel and brace it off the ROPS to keep from tearing up the fender if a big branch gets it.

A606a2ebf7e77bde55a99ec8c00f5f68

350df2433b41644e653c42fe03979759