TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wondering if anyone was running Rock Lights. If so what brands are the most reliable and best?
Thanks

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Isaiah
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m looking into this as well.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I keep forgetting to take a pic at night but i can see all around my machine when just those are on and 2 of them bouncing off the roof for dome lights. 4c63f2f5986686c1969c77aba746ff7e6c321a90583ddb7f330dc7e5887e5ec2F7a32d718d7a941f4b340e6d0c221522

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The replies and pics are appreciated.

Question
I've seen where people mounted a single LED pod inside the wheel well and it ended up throwing a shadow directly outside the wheel and backwads on the ground by the driver's door, and forward of the tire several feet.

I was considering placing two in each wheel well. One in the front and back. I thought this would spill into to dark areas.

Do you think that would not work as I was hoping it would or be too much light and look strange?

When I'm in the hey fields at night, especially in winter and it's raining, I want to be able to see into drainage ditches or going up onto on down off levees.
Thank you

Reactions: Mudwing
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mine does cast a shadow of each tire placing 2 would eliminate some of the shadow but not all of it not the way these fenders are setup. If you make a stand off your frame going to the edge of the fender to mount the light would also wwork good. Ill try and get a video how mine are tonight for you

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine does cast a shadow of each tire placing 2 would eliminate some of the shadow but not all of it not the way these fenders are setup. If you make a stand off your frame going to the edge of the fender to mount the light would also wwork good. Ill try and get a video how mine are tonight for you

Thank you. No rush.

advertisement
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wish i could get a better vid for you but the street light wasnt cooperating. Lok but this should give you an idea

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wish i could get a better vid for you but the street light wasnt cooperating. Lok but this should give you an idea

Thanks Alan_Vander

That's great for showing mounts, mounting points and when you look at the trailer deck... That's really lit up good on what you can expect the ground to look like. Very good result

Thank you for the time and effort

Chevy412SP

Chevy412SP

Aug 30, 2018
Western New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those of you that do have them, what was your reason for putting rock lights on? Was it for more looks or to use while navigating trails at night? Reason I ask is because when I was researching the “multi colored” lights, they say they are great for all the different colors they can do BUT all the reviews I read say they are terrible on the white color. All the reviews I read, It didn’t matter what make, all said they are not good at all on white color and if you want them for seeing or maneuvering on trail at night go with straight white. I’m mixed cause I wanted them for bright white to see and maneuver on trail at night but also for red light for sneaking in and out of the woods to get near my deer stand without spooking deer too much in the early morning or late night hours. So anybody thoughts, opinions, or experience with all white or multi color would be greatly appreciated.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a total of 12 on my machine. It’s mostly for looks and the kid in me. Otherwise there kinda gay! Lol. Was Never intended to help me see better ever. There bright, but not that bright for driving. Ones on other machines Helps me see them on trail at dusk or night when I’m with there group.

I use my P1K5 hunting as well.
Never would I use my rock lights going to or from my stand ever .If your worried about light spooking deer, get some pods with red lenses in them. But keep in mind the slight noise of your machine alone will spook deer. Other hunters will know your coming too! Lol.

Rock lights just to look cool mostly in my book. There a Time consuming SOB to run the wires to hook them up also. Had one wire somehow get cought on a twig and I had to get another. It was a complete whore running the wire AGAIN! But if u don’t mind all of what I stated, go for it. Now For hunting purposes? Do something more simple, not Rock lights IMO

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Oh, and if u want to see better on trail, light bars and pods are your best bet. You can mount them all over the machine depending on your wants vrs needs.

Reactions: Backwoods
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Those of you that do have them, what was your reason for putting rock lights on? Was it for more looks or to use while navigating trails at night? Reason I ask is because when I was researching the “multi colored” lights, they say they are great for all the different colors they can do BUT all the reviews I read say they are terrible on the white color. All the reviews I read, It didn’t matter what make, all said they are not good at all on white color and if you want them for seeing or maneuvering on trail at night go with straight white. I’m mixed cause I wanted them for bright white to see and maneuver on trail at night but also for red light for sneaking in and out of the woods to get near my deer stand without spooking deer too much in the early morning or late night hours. So anybody thoughts, opinions, or experience with all white or multi color would be greatly appreciated.
I got mine to be able to see around my machine at night mostly. When i get out to use bathroom. We do alot of night riding so when i stop i can easily look at my drivetrain as well with them. I went for blue cause its softer than the white and i like the way it looks. Iv seen the white ones and they all seem to do about the same as far as light cast . A few are alittle brighter than others.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I thought about them , but it was just for looks , they would not help me do anything. My lite bar was the best night accessorie. Plus covered in GA red clay mud they wouldn't help.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I got mine to be able to see around my machine at night mostly. When i get out to use bathroom. We do alot of night riding so when i stop i can easily look at my drivetrain as well with them. I went for blue cause its softer than the white and i like the way it looks. Iv seen the white ones and they all seem to do about the same as far as light cast . A few are alittle brighter than others.

You must be a squatter 😆 😂

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I got mine to be able to see around my machine at night mostly. When i get out to use bathroom. We do alot of night riding so when i stop i can easily look at my drivetrain as well with them. I went for blue cause its softer than the white and i like the way it looks. Iv seen the white ones and they all seem to do about the same as far as light cast .

I am wanting some pod lights for peripheral vision at night, not so bright that I can't run them while riding with a group that don't blind the rider in front of me, for side vision? Any Ideas?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!