P1000m5 Rock Lights

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am wanting some pod lights for peripheral vision at night, not so bright that I can't run them while riding with a group that don't blind the rider in front of me, for side vision? Any Ideas?
I have some nilight 4 inch pods spot flood. On mine mounted on the netting bolts. So i can swivel them anywhere i want.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I thought about them , but it was just for looks , they would not help me do anything. My lite bar was the best night accessorie. Plus covered in GA red clay mud they wouldn't help.
That was my biggest thing before i got mine but just watching my buddies very rarely does it actually clog one all the way up. Just a shallow puddle will clean them right up.

I

ItsNotAJeep

Oct 28, 2019
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run Rigid Rock Lights at all 4 corners and then LED strips along the frame between the wheels. Works great for 'Rock' lights and even better for indirect lights while working around the yard or on the trail at night!
IMG 5872
IMG 5875

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The replies and pics are appreciated.

Question
I've seen where people mounted a single LED pod inside the wheel well and it ended up throwing a shadow directly outside the wheel and backwads on the ground by the driver's door, and forward of the tire several feet.

I was considering placing two in each wheel well. One in the front and back. I thought this would spill into to dark areas.

Do you think that would not work as I was hoping it would or be too much light and look strange?

When I'm in the hey fields at night, especially in winter and it's raining, I want to be able to see into drainage ditches or going up onto on down off levees.
Thank you

@CumminsPusher might give you some insight. He has a butt load of lighting.

Reactions: TxDoc
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I just ran the cheapies. Worked really well. I’d suggest if someone wanted to do colored they do them separately because on white mode the rgb scatters the light pretty uneven with multiple color lights on the ground. Do white then separate set
When helping 100acre hook up his Ridgid set we compared brightness and even though they were brighter it wasn’t by much, not enough to justify the massive price difference. He ran them constantly for a bit and we realized they melted from continued use, a problem I haven’t had with the cheapies that use all aluminum and thick glass.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!