Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@The-Bearded-One were you up on the Bunco last weekend?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Haven't had it out to Bunco yet. We've been riding inland paper out by twin lakes. Close to home.
Saw a green one at the bar there was just wondering

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No kidding? I haven't seen any others out on the wild around here yet. The guys at CDA Honda said they've been selling mostly X models.
That’s why I was wondering

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
R

Rokey199

Apr 24, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I would be interested also

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Shapeways.com will 3D print for you I believe. I know you can setup 3D printed parts for sale on their site. I've ordered different things hosted there. Beyond that I have no idea how it actually works. ;)

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another place that should be able to 3d print items is a local UPS Store. I have designed a couple of parts and had them printed there.

Reactions: Montecresto
D

Dhall73

Oct 22, 2020
Duluth MN
Ownership

1. Talon X4
It snowed this weekend, so i thought I'd go out for a ride and see how my new windshield works. Windshield and wiper kit are great, but the roof tends to direct all water directly on my left leg. Anybody have a good fix for the roof drip issue? Can't seem to find any talk on this problem.
Saw on FB, a guy ran a drip edge just below where the water runs off the roof up front. Directs the water back along roof edge. I have same problem and might seal the end of the front drip edge and drill a hole so it cleans the windscreen, maybe.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Saw on FB, a guy ran a drip edge just below where the water runs off the roof up front. Directs the water back along roof edge. I have same problem and might seal the end of the front drip edge and drill a hole so it cleans the windscreen, maybe.

That’s a damn good idea, simple, easy and should work great. Gonna have to definitely try that

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
🤔Sounds good, post pics when complete please.

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
@The-Bearded-One what cad program are you using

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Interesting, the leading edge gutter on the Talon is a good idea when there's no windshield, it keeps a lot of water off your legs. But once you add a windshield, that water is directed to the outside corner where it falls on your leg instead of running down the windshield. :eek:

sspeederr

sspeederr

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2020
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
After 4 iterations, I think i have a solution. Still need to field test it though. 3d printed them, put them in place, drilled holes, and screwed them in with 1/4-20 x 1/2" button head cap screws. Check out the pics. I'll put up the STL files tomorrow in case anybody else wants to print some. Any water that runs down to that low point on the roof goes through the channel, pops out on the roll bar, and dribbles down along the windshield. Crossing my fingers that it helps at least.View attachment 160063 View attachment 160064 View attachment 160065 View attachment 160066
What is this scaled to when I down loaded the stl and placed in slicer it is only 1/2 in long also what is your orientation for print Thanks

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
The metal roof doesn’t pour water in on your leg. But if you’re not running a windshield there’s no front gutter so it’s all on the dash. I’m ready for a cage but it’s so wet in WA we use a front window in the fall to spring.

Reactions: lowranger and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The metal roof doesn’t pour water in on your leg. But if you’re not running a windshield there’s no front gutter so it’s all on the dash. I’m ready for a cage but it’s so wet in WA we use a front window in the fall to spring.
Learning how flimsy the stock ROPS is, I'd consider an aftermarket but I'm concerned that my SATV flip up windshield won't fit, a deal breaker for me.

Reactions: Aaronroberts

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!