Rooftop AC’s

J

JTW

What’s the cost on this unit?
The nice thing is, it’s the complete kit.. from some reading they seem to be well liked and actually made/make parts for carrier

2F3F91BB 988A 420C B04A C9A1FE095FCB

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
The nice thing is, it’s the complete kit.. from some reading they seem to be well liked and actually made/make parts for carrier

View attachment 146047
Looks like what you need! Break out the credit card and let’s get order placed. I’m curious to see how your going to route the power to it.

Reactions: BWAF and Remington
hoghead76

hoghead76

Feb 7, 2018
oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 146047
Check to make sure it has the air distribution box.
also get the heat strip for it they work good.
Put one in the garage area of toy hauler

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
Find a used one off a old camper , couple hundred at the most , change capacitors before putting on roof . About all that really goes bad in them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Find a used one off a old camper , couple hundred at the most , change capacitors before putting on roof . About all that really goes bad in them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d have to disagree with some of what you said. The issue with used is that they sit. You also don’t know if it’s had a leek and repaired or took an electrical hit at one time? Small units like thos, don’t ever get A vacuum pulled or put a drier on after repair and before charging. That can and will cause catastrophic compressor failure that can happen soon or even up to a year later. Just changing a capacitor isn’t going to help a compressor that has sit. I’d need a few pages to explain the many reasons why lol. A cap only needs to be replaced If it’s popped or the MicroFarad is below the 10% of its rating and that’s a recommendation. Im not saying a used one is not the way to go! It’s your prerogative just that you take a huge chance in doing so. For the extra money I’d opt for a new one and the warranty instead of doing it twice. Don’t blame me...I’m just just a senior tech so they tell me lol.

J

JTW

I’d have to disagree with some of what you said. The issue with used is that they sit. You also don’t know if it’s had a leek and repaired or took an electrical hit at one time? Small units like thos, don’t ever get A vacuum pulled or put a drier on after repair and before charging. That can and will cause catastrophic compressor failure that can happen soon or even up to a year later. Just changing a capacitor isn’t going to help a compressor that has sit. I’d need a few pages to explain the many reasons why lol. A cap only needs to be replaced If it’s popped or the MicroFarad is below the 10% of its rating and that’s a recommendation. Im not saying a used one is not the way to go! It’s your prerogative just that you take a huge chance in doing so. For the extra money I’d opt for a new one and the warranty instead of doing it twice. Don’t blame me...I’m just just a senior tech so they tell me lol.
That’s where my mind is.. I could maybe find a good used one. But there are so many “new in the box” used ones, it’s just a matter of time before I run across something that suits me. The issue I do find is that most of the used new stuff is (still in the box) doesn’t have the inner control panel. By the time I buy one I could just order the amazon unit.

Had a dealer price me a Coleman Mach 3 ready to install for $840.