Shooter63

Shooter63

Shooter 63
Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2019
Longview
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok.. so maybe it’s not 7 but I’m fixing to install it.
I was going to say that’s bull****. You could have gotten a 13,500 and been ok. You better put program and put cold air intake on that damn Ford or buy Exxon stock. It’s your choice

Shooter63

Shooter63

Shooter 63
Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2019
Longview
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got 12.5 out of my dodge pull 20 foot car hauler with 2 P1000 on it going to take over. You only got 8 pulling that empty just wait till it’s loaded going up hills. I would say 5 at best. Hell you would be better off leaving a week a head of time and just driving the pioneer it would be a hell of a lot cheaper

J

JTW

I got 12.5 out of my dodge pull 20 foot car hauler with 2 P1000 on it going to take over. You only got 8 pulling that empty just wait till it’s loaded going up hills. I would say 5 at best. Hell you would be better off leaving a week a head of time and just driving the pioneer it would be a hell of a lot cheaper
Dodge what? At 75-80mph? I don’t think so.

I’m aware it won’t get the mpg when hauling a heavy load through the mountains. But I don’t care. I’ll be lucky if I pull it half a dozen times a year. And they’ll mostly be within 200 miles. I’ll sacrifice a little tow milage for 17-18 mpg and the ride quality as a daily.

I got to Denver on 2 tanks of gas about $160. That’s 1100 miles one way. The return trip cut the fuel milage in half. Nothing is going to get good milage pulling 10k through the mountains. So it’s irrelevant.

J

JTW

I was going to say that’s bull****. You could have gotten a 13,500 and been ok. You better put program and put cold air intake on that damn Ford or buy Exxon stock. It’s your choice
I didn’t want a 13,500btu... it’s uninsulated and I wanted as big a unit as possible. Mine is installed now and will check to see how it cools tomorrow. Letting it sit overnight as it was delivered on its side and I suspect the chances of it having been shipped right side up the whole time is a long shot.

The Ford will be just fine. I suspect the weight won’t make too significant of a difference in normal hauling. And my topper is getting painted tomorrow, I look for that to help cut the wind and improve drag resistance noticeably. But..... we shall see.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I didn’t want a 13,500btu... it’s uninsulated and I wanted as big a unit as possible. Mine is installed now and will check to see how it cools tomorrow. Letting it sit overnight as it was delivered on its side and I suspect the chances of it having been shipped right side up the whole time is a long shot.

The Ford will be just fine. I suspect the weight won’t make too significant of a difference in normal hauling. And my topper is getting painted tomorrow, I look for that to help cut the wind and improve drag resistance noticeably. But..... we shall see.
Hey at least you’re not on one of those Rv forums. Those guys get real pissy if you’re asking about pulling anything larger then a jet ski trailer with anything less then a 1 ton dually.

J

JTW

Installed and waiting to run it tomorrow
FE18DA4C 1FBE 4F7D A223 E1E4A19D8D19
86488C84 A853 454B 8373 C13EF484DBDB
E85FEBDB 768B 497D A18E 757B11F5F128

Shooter63

Shooter63

Shooter 63
Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2019
Longview
Ownership

1. 1000-3
31A0D081 8047 4985 9BDA 9094B2C287A5

I’m aware it won’t get the mpg when hauling a heavy load through the mountains. But I don’t care. I’ll be lucky if I pull it half a dozen times a year. And they’ll mostly be within 200 miles. I’ll sacrifice a little tow milage for 17-18 mpg and the ride quality as a daily.

I got to Denver on 2 tanks of gas about $160. That’s 1100 miles one way. The return trip cut the fuel milage in half. Nothing is going to get good milage pulling 10k through the mountains. So it’s irrelevant.
My truck pulls just fine and it gets good mileage for a 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive with a lift and big tires

Reactions: JTW
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

So let's say it will cost you $320 in fuel each way. If you go 3 times a year that's $1920....You should buy a Cummins so you can save at least $400 in fuel. Well worth it, did I mention it's a Cummins.... you know a ford won't pull that thing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

R

Redhonda29

Aug 26, 2018
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not really. They only use 2 manufactures compressors, that’s the main driving power for the cooling. The controls are the same concept just different parts. In quality and most on the market I’d say carrier, Dometic and Coleman you can’t go wrong.

defiantly buy new. Used ones are basically junk or were at one time. These units are basically window shaker/throw away units when the compressor goes bad or a leak in the evaporator and not worth fixing at that point. Anyone that has f***ed with fixing a leek on one is sure to leek bad later

I just bought an airexcel Mach 3 same thing I believe as a Coleman Mach 3 it’s a 13500 btu...my trailer is a 7x18 x7 I have 1” foil faced insulation in the ceiling and the walls and 2” in the ramp door. Just got back from windrock where it was 90 and kept it cool like we wanted. for a bigger camper like yours I would consider doing a mini split or even 2 13500...it takes a while to get my trailer cool if you wait til it’s hot before kicking it on

Reactions: JTW and Remington
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I just bought an airexcel Mach 3 same thing I believe as a Coleman Mach 3 it’s a 13500 btu...my trailer is a 7x18 x7 I have 1” foil faced insulation in the ceiling and the walls and 2” in the ramp door. Just got back from windrock where it was 90 and kept it cool like we wanted. for a bigger camper like yours I would consider doing a mini split or even 2 13500...it takes a while to get my trailer cool if you wait til it’s hot before kicking it on
I don’t have an In closed hauler like @JTW. I have a 38’ Keystone Carbon toy hauler with 2 central AC’s with zoning so I’m good Lol. You mentioned a Ductless Mini split, you don’t want that on a trailer, #1 you have no place for the condenser and #2 they take 220V there mainly for stand alone building/house applications ;)

Reactions: Tigermark and JTW
J

JTW

I wish it had insulation.. that’s the dumbest s*** ever!

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sweet... and how about the heat strips... yay or nay?
Check out wall Propane catalytic heaters. They produce radiant heat with no moving parts or power required. They heat the surrounding surfaces so if your walls are aluminum should be really efficient. They make 3 different sizes so your sq. Ft. Will be covered. If not use 2. They are also very easy on propane use way more so than a furnace and quieter, no noise. I have had 2 and would not own a RV or trailer without one.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Check out wall Propane catalytic heaters. They produce radiant heat with no moving parts or power required. They heat the surrounding surfaces so if your walls are aluminum should be really efficient. They make 3 different sizes so your sq. Ft. Will be covered. If not use 2. They are also very easy on propane use way more so than a furnace and quieter, no noise. I have had 2 and would not own a RV or trailer without one.
Agreed. Much more efficient and quiet. I like the blue flames myself. Gotta feeling though JTW is just trying to get it usable and fast