P500 ROPS mounting?

P

PNWGuy

Not sure what's going on with the search function, as I am certain this question has come up and been answered multiple times before, but I can't find anything using search,

When I bought my P5, the dealer sold me a set of very nice roll bar clamps made from billet aluminum that he assured me fit my P5 ROPs.

I got in some new LED lights and wanted to mount them last night on the ROPs near the hood.

Brackets don't fit. Even using the rubber gasket things to decrease the diameter, they don't work. Next time I'm in that town 50 miles away, I am going to get my $37 back.

Does there exist a mounting system out there that fits the odd diameter of the ROPS?

I may just mount them direct by drilling through the dang thing...

Reactions: 100Acre
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe the 500/700 ROPS is 1 5/8 vs 1 3/4 on the 1000.
That may help narrow your search.
I believe @Mudder and @Tramguage1 just ordered some really nice Honda OEM clamps in the last 2 weeks. Hopefully they can chime in with the part number. I believe they were roughly $10 each.

P

PNWGuy

I believe the 500/700 ROPS is 1 5/8 vs 1 3/4 on the 1000.
That may help narrow your search.
I believe @Mudder and @Tramguage1 just ordered some really nice Honda OEM clamps in the last 2 weeks. Hopefully they can chime in with the part number. I believe they were roughly $10 each.
Thank you!

I ended up mounting my two LED lights on the front grille area and it looks pretty cool...

OQ3bO42tUavI4vK7b3PW0VbhcHtPsBtI bjK0wpS4Q8pX92IB

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure what's going on with the search function, as I am certain this question has come up and been answered multiple times before, but I can't find anything using search,

When I bought my P5, the dealer sold me a set of very nice roll bar clamps made from billet aluminum that he assured me fit my P5 ROPs.

I got in some new LED lights and wanted to mount them last night on the ROPs near the hood.

Brackets don't fit. Even using the rubber gasket things to decrease the diameter, they don't work. Next time I'm in that town 50 miles away, I am going to get my $37 back.

Does there exist a mounting system out there that fits the odd diameter of the ROPS?

I may just mount them direct by drilling through the dang thing...

Try tractor supply you can get a great set for @$15 I use them and stuff don't more the crap on amazon is crap.

Reactions: Bad_bowtie
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Tires look like that rig could pull a plow! During night time.

Reactions: 100Acre and PNWGuy
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks cool!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!