P500 SuperWinch Mounting Plate?

C

ChrisO83

Aug 18, 2018
Park City, UT
Ownership

1. 500
This is my first SxS (2015 P500) and I'm getting ready to install the SuperWinch 3500 SR with the recommended SuperWinch (SW) mounting plate on to the factory bumper. I've got the plate but I'm still waiting for the winch.

According to the directions the winch is mounted upside down on the plate under the bumper supports but I'm seeing a few SW's mounted above, which is what I would prefer to do.

According to Superwinch the winch is to suppose to be mounted below but also on their website they recommend to NOT mount winches upside down, a little confusing.

How are folks mounting the SW above, are you using a different mounting plate, if so which plate?
Can I mount my SW above using the SW mounting plate? And if not why?

Thanks for the advise,
ChrisO

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!