P500 Skid Plate Recommendations

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Ok, so I'll admit I was a tiiiiiiiiny bit worried about the metal plate-or-not issue, so I emailed SSS support and got this:
"You won't have any issues with that so no worries! You have the option to use the metal plate underneath but it is not required"

So looks like the metal plate is added support, average trail riding with a few rocks you bounce off of, no prob, but if you doing something crazy you should probably have the plate in there.

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Ok, so I'll admit I was a tiiiiiiiiny bit worried about the metal plate-or-not issue, so I emailed SSS support and got this:
"You won't have any issues with that so no worries! You have the option to use the metal plate underneath but it is not required"

So looks like the metal plate is added support, average trail riding with a few rocks you bounce off of, no prob, but if you doing something crazy you should probably have the plate in there.
Thanks for sharing this info! I was confused by this as well.

Reactions: J80

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!