P500 Inflator Recommendations

R

RedorDead

Jan 3, 2023
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a Slime 40001 bought years ago to use motorcycling. It’s very compact. Stores the cord and hose all in a small square case, nothing dangling or tangling.

I believe it’s obsolete and 40061 seems to be it’s replacement; I have no experience with the later model.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I have a Slime 40001 bought years ago to use motorcycling. It’s very compact. Stores the cord and hose all in a small square case, nothing dangling or tangling.

I believe it’s obsolete and 40061 seems to be it’s replacement; I have no experience with the later model.

Thank you. Ordered the 40061 a few days ago . . .

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Ordered the 40061 a few days ago . . .

20230213 124041
20230213 123953

Upright compressor at home, pan compressor at camp, Viar in truck, and this in buggy will work for me.

J

John Mc

Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2023
Vermont
Ownership

1. 520
I like the Viair portable compressors. I got my wife the Viair 75P portable compressor to keep in her Subaru. It's only 50 PSI max, but that's plenty for a passenger car or for an ATV. It's significantly quieter, faster, and more reliable than the Harbor Freight models or the cheap stuff sold at the local hardware stores. It draws a max of 10 amps, so it will plug into the cigarette lighter plug of just about any vehicle on the road. It's rated for a 100% duty cycle at 50 PSI. One big reason for choosing this particular model was that it is permanently mounted inside it's hard-shell carrying case, so less likely to get damaged kicking around in the trunk.
Here's the link to the manufactures page on this model: 75P Portable Compressor | VIAIR® Corporation
You can find them at Northern Tool or on Amazon for about $63.

I liked it enough that I got another Viair compressor to keep in my truck: the Viair 88P. Higher pressure, higher flow rate. Has no problem with my larger truck tires. Runs about $90. It does draw enough amps that you need to connect to the battery with the included battery clamps. This is in a soft case, and you take the compressor out when in use.

I just noticed that Viair now makes a model 88P-SXS designed for use on a SXS UTV. Same specs as the regular 88P, but has a 2 pin SAE connector on the power cord (similar to what is used on some battery charger/maintainers). It comes with a set of ring terminals with the mating connector for permanent connection to the battery as well as a set of battery clamps so you can connect those for use with other vehicles. If I connect the ring terminals, I can use the same connection to hook up a battery maintainer.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!