P500 Winch and plow recommendations

B

Bkondeff

Jul 5, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Proud new owner of ‘17 P500.

live in SW Idaho so big plow unnecessary as 2-3” is usual storm.

Thinking 3500lb winch for buffer.

Any recommendations based first on quality/reliability and next on user friendly installs.

lastly, best places to shop.

Brian

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Been running a full KFI set up for 4 yrs now and have no complaints. Probably not the cheapest but well built.
3500 lb. Stealth winch, 66" blade.

Reactions: dls1966
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Super Winch 45s Terra series (4500 lbs with synthetic line). Very durable, used less amps then other winches. KFI mount, KFI 66” snow plough, very robust. Would buy this combo again, great products. Super winch off Amazon, KFI order right from factory, as they are made in USA.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Have you looked at the Strong-made front bumper as a winch mount?. It would provide a higher angle of pull and great protection year round. Also check the forum store for any deals.

Reactions: J80
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Have you looked at the Strong-made front bumper as a winch mount?. It would provide a higher angle of pull and great protection year round. Also check the forum store for any deals.

20200413 142731

B

Bkondeff

Jul 5, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks guys. Looking at KFI plow and KFI and Superwinch options for winch w KFI bracket. Wish one offered a deal so I could decide!

T

tbaker767

Feb 2, 2020
Watertown, NY
Ownership

1. 500
Looking for plow/winch setup too, just started looking, browsing this thread. I'm starting from scratch, as in not sure what to purchase or how to install the winch/plow, etc. All I know is the dealer wants to charge me 1500+ I think last I talked to them and I am looking for some alternatives. I'm pretty handy so I know I can get it done myself if I have to, but just looking for now.

B

Bkondeff

Jul 5, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
After simple research, I’m starting w KFI Stealth 3500 and KFI bracket purchased from Amazon, be here Thur. Will purchase KFI 66” plow in Dec, my Xmas present to myself. Not sure yet if I’ll go synthetic or not. I’ll attempt the winch install this weekend and report back. I’m not super handy, so I’d I can, I’m sure you can!

Reactions: trigger
B

Bkondeff

Jul 5, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Installed in 2hrs, start to finish. I’m not that handy either. Used accessory plug for small red wires, instead of ignition wires that instructions call for. Used long set of heavy wires to run from solenoid to battery, short set from winch to solenoid. Messes with the color coding but works with room to spare. I’m ready to go hunting w my new toy.

B

Bkondeff

Jul 5, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Update that I added the 66” steel plow. Other than needing to be careful in placement of drilling 2 holes, assembly/install was very easy. I really appreciate that the mount is high and in front, which makes attaching plow a breeze and no worries of beating up brackets like those that mount under machine.

Highly recommend!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!