P1000 Rough Country Lift

J

jpanicaro

Oct 26, 2020
SWFL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi everyone, I am getting ready to pull the trigger on the Rough Country 3" Lift for my 1K5. I have searched and only found 2 users running this lift. Is anyone else running this lift? If so how do you like it? My plan is to run 1.5" wheel spacers all the way around for a wider stance as well. Thanks everyone!

Reactions: TxDoc
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a heads up. Bracket lifts ride like crap. Just from what I've seen and others have wrote about. I don't personally have one installed. But I have the 3" Super ATV bracket lift sitting in a box in my shed, hesitant to put it on.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

J

jpanicaro

Oct 26, 2020
SWFL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a heads up. Bracket lifts ride like crap. Just from what I've seen and others have wrote about. I don't personally have one installed. But I have the 3" Super ATV bracket lift sitting in a box in my shed, hesitant to put it on.

I assumed bracket lift would ride better than a spring spacer as adding a spacer changes your spring rate and preload.....

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I assumed bracket lift would ride better than a spring spacer as adding a spacer changes your spring rate and preload.....
Changing the angle of the shocks in general which is what a bracket lift is, compresses the shocks and adds lift.

Reactions: TxDoc and jpanicaro
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Spring spacers are not that bad, I put mine in about 6 months ago and its not that bad at all

Reactions: jpanicaro
CGD

CGD

Supporting Member
Jun 22, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I put spring spacers on mine about 6 weeks ago and I actually think it rides better. I have a good mixture of pavement, gravel, and trail time on the machine and my wife even noticed the improvement.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wouldn't recommend the lift...ive had both lift and spacers. If you're looking for clearance go with the spacers. Lift changes the geometry of the shock and ride quality goes to hell.

Reactions: BigOL3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!