P1000 Rough Country Shocks

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Figured I share my experience with the M1’s….might help somebody out.

My buggy has SATV arched A arms and I was running 2” shock spacers on stock shocks….terrible ride….My tires are Deestone AG tires, spec at 33”, actual 30-1/4”..never rubbed or scrubbed.

Got the M1’s for adjustability and ride.
Didn’t take into account the 2 inch spacers, the adjustability is great, but you have to take the back tires off to adjust the back shocks, had to do that three times, front shocks are adjustable with the tire on. You can see the preload on the back shock from the line I drew at the bottom of the jam nut.
The quality is really good…leaps and bounds above stock….If you’re going to run larger tires, do your preload before you install the shocks, especially the rear ones.

Easy to install and they look pretty good also..I think they’re a good investment if you’re not the type of person who rides really hard and fast…those guys are probably better off with much more expensive, high-end shocks.

So far I’m pretty impressed.

View attachment 411394 View attachment 411395 View attachment 411396 View attachment 411397 View attachment 411398
does these help with body roll. don't have the sway bar anymore n stock Deluxe shocks have some major body roll. ofcourse I have a audioformz roof which is kinda heavy.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
does these help with body roll. don't have the sway bar anymore n stock Deluxe shocks have some major body roll. ofcourse I have a audioformz roof which is kinda heavy.

I'm no expert, but being top heavy would hurt body roll. More air pressure in tires and more spring preload might help but then your ride will be harsher.

Reactions: Backwoods
crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm no expert, but being top heavy would hurt body roll. More air pressure in tires and more spring preload might help but then your ride will be harsher.
that's one thing I don't care much for the roof it's heavy.buts it's nice and durable. I am for sure getting me a new baddawg bumper though. the shocks may come later.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
that's one thing I don't care much for the roof it's heavy.buts it's nice and durable. I am for sure getting me a new baddawg bumper though. the shocks may come later.

Definitely a nice roof but like you said heavy. I did away with my sway bar several years ago and don't miss it. I do keep my tires from 12-14 psi and have 5+2 wheels with @RB3offroad 1" spacers on the rear, so my track width is a couple of inches wider than stock which will make it less tipsy.

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Definitely a nice roof but like you said heavy. I did away with my sway bar several years ago and don't miss it. I do keep my tires from 12-14 psi and have 5+2 wheels with @RB3offroad 1" spacers on the rear, so my track width is a couple of inches wider than stock which will make it less tipsy.
only tippy feeling going around turns. I love how much articulation I get from the back withbout the sway bar. I wouldn't mind going to a different offset wheel. I run the stocks wheels with a 1.5 spacer on all 4 tires. I already had one set and ordered another set of 1.5 when I needed 2" I run 10lbs n the thing rides smooth compared to most rigs I have rode in. u just feel it swaying when u turn. it's kinda of a freaky feeling at first. we do more mud parks and deer camp rides. since my son's can am outlander is set up for mudding. my rig is the recovery vehicle and equipment hauler. but I do run it thru some of the mudholes.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
only tippy feeling going around turns. I love how much articulation I get from the back withbout the sway bar. I wouldn't mind going to a different offset wheel. I run the stocks wheels with a 1.5 spacer on all 4 tires. I already had one set and ordered another set of 1.5 when I needed 2" I run 10lbs n the thing rides smooth compared to most rigs I have rode in. u just feel it swaying when u turn. it's kinda of a freaky feeling at first. we do more mud parks and deer camp rides. since my son's CANNED HAM outlander is set up for mudding. my rig is the recovery vehicle and equipment hauler. but I do run it thru some of the mudholes.

Fixed it for ya! 😉

Reactions: crazychris
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
yes it's a canned ham alright I came from a Gen 1 650. we got a lot of Hondas in our group. they all on water. lol!

Haha i have 4 bombardier’s mine go 80+ easy on a straightaway

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haha i have 4 bombardier’s mine go 80+ easy on a straightaway
yeah his lil 570 with mud tire set up will run as fast as the pioneer. but nothing is really stock on it. atv I would go with can am outlander 650. pioneer or a talon for sxs.

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
yeah his lil 570 with mud tire set up will run as fast as the pioneer. but nothing is really stock on it. atv I would go with can am outlander 650. pioneer or a talon for sxs.

My Snuff tuned Talon is a ripper. @joeymt33 and I had it up to 85 behind my house before we had to back it off lol.

My 4 ski doo’s are quite quick as well. Thats the Canned Hams I own. Get a good straight sled trail and You can get them up that high as well. Gets Squirrley tho

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

In the little time I had rode with these new shocks, I haven’t noticed how the body roll was changed. But I have a longer ride coming up ant the end of this month and will post afterwards. The sway bar was the 1st thing I removed when I bought my 2019 1000-5 deluxe. I have since then added a lot of weight to the machine, and have never really been worried about the “roll factor”! But I don’t try to slide her around corners like my atvs. It is currently sitting pretty at 2200lbs.

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In the little time I had rode with these new shocks, I haven’t noticed how the body roll was changed. But I have a longer ride coming up ant the end of this month and will post afterwards. The sway bar was the 1st thing I removed when I bought my 2019 1000-5 deluxe. I have since then added a lot of weight to the machine, and have never really been worried about the “roll factor”! But I don’t try to slide her around corners like my atvs. It is currently sitting pretty at 2200lbs.
I sure don't try to slide around corners. just gets a little hairy when i foget its top heavy. it scars first time riders. especially running my stage 4 mud tune. where did u get your bumper at. I am about ready to upgrade mine from stock.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I sure don't try to slide around corners. just gets a little hairy when i foget its top heavy. it scars first time riders. especially running my stage 4 mud tune. where did u get your bumper at. I am about ready to upgrade mine from stock.

I know you're not asking me where I got my bumper but it was off of ebay. They were having some type of sale. Got it within 3 days.

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

It’s the Slasher HD bumper. They’re out of business, and very hard to find nowadays. I took this one from my 1000-3 before I traded it for the 1000-5.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well I ordered my RC M1's. We'll see what happens soon. Got to be better than the factory shocks.
Installed my M1’s just like they came out of the box. I haven’t measured the heights yet. Going to ride around a bit and let it settle. Just looking from the side the front seems to be about 1 1/4” inches taller at the front of the skid plate and about 3/4” higher at the rear of the skid plate. Tires are on 12 psI with 28” Big Horn II’s. And only 700.00. 👍

C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
I wonder how these compare to fox shocks. I could have saved myself 700 bucks. Giphy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, put a little over 200 miles on the new M1's. Road conditions were from smooth gravel to rocky Nevada two track, the shocks are defiantly and improvement over the stock shocks. I did set my preload a little light and was able to adjust them during my trip, right now i'm at 2" of threads on the front and 1 3/4" on the rear and it rides better. Probably going to do 2" on the rear to see if it keeps improving the ride, i did remove the sway bar at the same time i installed the shocks. I would like to hear from others that have these shocks as to where they have there preload set, i know it depends on the weight of there machine. Did get a little lift as well .......around an inch or so ....

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, put a little over 200 miles on the new M1's. Road conditions were from smooth gravel to rocky Nevada two track, the shocks are defiantly and improvement over the stock shocks. I did set my preload a little light and was able to adjust them during my trip, right now i'm at 2" of threads on the front and 1 3/4" on the rear and it rides better. Probably going to do 2" on the rear to see if it keeps improving the ride, i did remove the sway bar at the same time i installed the shocks. I would like to hear from others that have these shocks as to where they have there preload set, i know it depends on the weight of there machine. Did get a little lift as well .......around an inch or so ....
What was your average cruising speed?
We mainly do about 10-15 mph on trails, unless we’re trying to keep up with guys in the sportier buggies.
I do however pack a little weight on the rear of my buggy!

Reactions: ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!