P1000 Rough Country Shocks

mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One thing that I found is that the buggy (and the driver) "likes" lower tire pressures, tire pressure makes a big difference in the ride and traction. I'm running 28-10x14 System 3 RT320 tires on System 3 bead lock wheels all around. These are fairly lightweight tires for 8 ply tires. Again, tires are like shocks, everyone has different opinions and needs. I hardly ever ride pavement, so that is part of why this combination works for me.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We all do "Stupid things". My first impulse was to do the same thing, then the IRS changed my mind. I wish My tax guy could figure out a way to deduct my SXS and parts from income taxes, without putting up a red flag for Uncle Joe's IRS.
I do, farm use, but I pretty much use it for only farming and which includes property management.. Do you have a farm or any land to maintain? If so, you may be able to. But I know, every state hase different laws so it may just work for me because I'm in Ohio.

Reactions: mlynch001

01Canes

Mar 12, 2023
North Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Not sure if it's apples to apples but I have a RC long arm kit on my Jeep ZJ and one of the shocks already started leaking after like 5k miles and I don't wheel it at all. Cheap stuff but a ZJ is cheap stuff too 🤑

mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure if it's apples to apples but I have a RC long arm kit on my Jeep ZJ and one of the shocks already started leaking after like 5k miles and I don't wheel it at all. Cheap stuff but a ZJ is cheap stuff too 🤑
Well that could very well be true. I think it is important to keep in mind that these are not "premium" equipment, but neither are the stock HONDA Shocks. On the other hand, I have seen a $3K Ohlins rear shock on a sport bike blow out in 200 miles. The RC shocks have a warranty, If one leaks or fails, I will test out their customer service. I set my expectations pretty low in the beginning, and so far they have exceeded those expectations.

mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do, farm use, but I pretty much use it for only farming and which includes property management.. Do you have a farm or any land to maintain? If so, you may be able to. But I know, every state hase different laws so it may just work for me because I'm in Ohio.
No such opportunity for me. Unless you can class yard work and hauling trash as "farm use". My accountant recommends that I don't go there. Don't need a dispute with the IRS.

HawkDriver

HawkDriver

Mar 31, 2017
Sierra Vista, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The shocks arrived Monday, just put them on. It took about 1.5 hours to get the new ones on. I did take it around the neighborhood, but didnt notice that much of a difference, but it was on smooth pavement. We have friends coming in today for the dove opener, so I probably wont get to use it until my elk hunt in late Sep/early Oct.

I am hoping that they are much better than the stockers. I cant imagine that they wont be.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The shocks arrived Monday, just put them on. It took about 1.5 hours to get the new ones on. I did take it around the neighborhood, but didnt notice that much of a difference, but it was on smooth pavement. We have friends coming in today for the dove opener, so I probably wont get to use it until my elk hunt in late Sep/early Oct.

I am hoping that they are much better than the stockers. I cant imagine that they wont be.
Did you get the M1 or the Vertex?

HawkDriver

HawkDriver

Mar 31, 2017
Sierra Vista, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So far, they are a huge improvement over factory. They are firmer and have a lot less rebound than oem. Wash board on graded roads is almost unnoticeable. The normal rocky crap we ride on is still rough, but less so than with oem shocks. I am glad I went with them. I have never ridden in a P1000 with external reservoir, so I have no comparison to those.

On another note, we actually ran across another P1000 this morning. Nice to see another Honda rather than the multiple Polaris'.

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So far, they are a huge improvement over factory. They are firmer and have a lot less rebound than oem. Wash board on graded roads is almost unnoticeable. The normal rocky crap we ride on is still rough, but less so than with oem shocks. I am glad I went with them. I have never ridden in a P1000 with external reservoir, so I have no comparison to those.

On another note, we actually ran across another P1000 this morning. Nice to see another Honda rather than the multiple Polaris'.
Have you adjusted your preload or are you running the RC shocks the way they came out of the box?

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, drank the koolaid and ordered the RC shocks for my P 1000-3. Hoping to get the ride improvement that the purchasers have claimed. Should be here Dec 11th and will install, have a predator trip planned for 7-10 days in N/E Cali N/W Nevada so will give them an honest evaluation and report back.

More4low

More4low

Sep 26, 2023
Florida east coast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Figured I share my experience with the M1’s….might help somebody out.

My buggy has SATV arched A arms and I was running 2” shock spacers on stock shocks….terrible ride….My tires are Deestone AG tires, spec at 33”, actual 30-1/4”..never rubbed or scrubbed.

Got the M1’s for adjustability and ride.
Didn’t take into account the 2 inch spacers, the adjustability is great, but you have to take the back tires off to adjust the back shocks, had to do that three times, front shocks are adjustable with the tire on. You can see the preload on the back shock from the line I drew at the bottom of the jam nut.
The quality is really good…leaps and bounds above stock….If you’re going to run larger tires, do your preload before you install the shocks, especially the rear ones.

Easy to install and they look pretty good also..I think they’re a good investment if you’re not the type of person who rides really hard and fast…those guys are probably better off with much more expensive, high-end shocks.

So far I’m pretty impressed.

IMG 6295
IMG 6296 IMG 6297 IMG 6298 IMG 6299

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Figured I share my experience with the M1’s….might help somebody out.

My buggy has SATV arched A arms and I was running 2” shock spacers on stock shocks….terrible ride….My tires are Deestone AG tires, spec at 33”, actual 30-1/4”..never rubbed or scrubbed.

Got the M1’s for adjustability and ride.
Didn’t take into account the 2 inch spacers, the adjustability is great, but you have to take the back tires off to adjust the back shocks, had to do that three times, front shocks are adjustable with the tire on. You can see the preload on the back shock from the line I drew at the bottom of the jam nut.
The quality is really good…leaps and bounds above stock….If you’re going to run larger tires, do your preload before you install the shocks, especially the rear ones.

Easy to install and they look pretty good also..I think they’re a good investment if you’re not the type of person who rides really hard and fast…those guys are probably better off with much more expensive, high-end shocks.

So far I’m pretty impressed.

View attachment 411394 View attachment 411395 View attachment 411396 View attachment 411397 View attachment 411398
That's good to hear, i'm getting more excited to get these shocks on my buggy. Probably won't have time to fool with the preload settings much before my trip so for those that have them what would be a good starting point ??

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!