sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Has anyone tried the Vertex? They are a piggyback, but over double the price. They are still 40% cheaper than Fox Qs3, or 30% cheaper than Elka S3s, or the same as the S2s.

It seems the sentiment is that the m1s are way better than stock. I would be curious to hear from someone who has had the Fox or S3s how the m1s and vertex ones are comparatively.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Has anyone tried the Vertex? They are a piggyback, but over double the price. They are still 40% cheaper than Fox Qs3, or 30% cheaper than Elka S3s, or the same as the S2s.

It seems the sentiment is that the m1s are way better than stock. I would be curious to hear from someone who has had the Fox or S3s how the m1s and vertex ones are comparatively.
I've not seen anyone post about switching over to RC from FOX or the like. There's been one or two members post about having the Vertex though, I don't recall who but they did say it was a great improvement.

I haven't checked in a while but last time I did, there wasn't a huge difference in price from the Vertex and FOX shocks offered at RonAyers.com

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Has anyone tried the Vertex? They are a piggyback, but over double the price. They are still 40% cheaper than Fox Qs3, or 30% cheaper than Elka S3s
There is usually a reason for that and 99% of the time not good for the long haul.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yeah, if the price was that close, I'd do the Fox all day long. In canada the Vertex set is $1,900, while the Fox set is $3,000, so not really close in price.
WTF??? That's a pretty big mark up. I don't know how far from the border you are but maybe worth a trip across to pick them up from a PO Box or something ??? 🤷‍♂️ Pretty sure the FOX shocks are still under $2K in the states.

sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Yeah it is nuts. But right now the Canadian dollar sucks, so $2000 USD is $2715 CAD, and that is before the bank takes the 1% FX fees. I am 400 miles drive from the border or 120 miles + 3 hour ferry. If the Canadian dollar gets strong again, I have a good friend that comes up from NY every summer, and he'll bring what I need. But if you factor in exchange it often works out to be within 5%. Those Fox Qs3's are weird though, that is a big difference. Once I am in that ranges, I'd prefer the Elka S3s anyway, and they are $500 cheaper to boot.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If the Canadian dollar gets strong again
#1 you have to get rid of Trudeau or stop voting for him. That would be a great start, but still a long way to go after that.

#2 did u ever buy a rig yet? If memory serves me correct, you hadnt and was still on the fence on what one to get? If u did and I missed it, I Apologize.

#3 got to hit that reply tab when responding to someones question so they get a notification like you get😉 Im on alot and just noticed u responded to my post. All good 🤟🏻

#4 Elka is a Canada based company. If it cost you so much to get other brands over the border, why not contact Elka directly and get what you want and not pay the duty? Also mention the forum and you might get a little discount to help offset somethings. Ever thought of some stage 1 or 2’s and have them built for you your way from them? You might be surprised. Just a thought. Give them a call.

sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
#1 you have to get rid of Trudeau or stop voting for him. That would be a great start, but still a long way to go after that.

#2 did u ever buy a rig yet? If memory serves me correct, you hadnt and was still on the fence on what one to get? If u did and I missed it, I Apologize.

#3 got to hit that reply tab when responding to someones question so they get a notification like you get😉 Im on alot and just noticed u responded to my post. All good 🤟🏻

#4 Elka is a Canada based company. If it cost you so much to get other brands over the border, why not contact Elka directly and get what you want and not pay the duty? Also mention the forum and you might get a little discount to help offset somethings. Ever thought of some stage 1 or 2’s and have them built for you your way from them? You might be surprised. Just a thought. Give them a call.
  1. No argument here, but my general policy is "avoid political conversations in SxS forums.".
  2. No. I was waiting for you to call me out on that 🥲. Sadly still a lurker. As I mentioned before my timing is likely 2025. New hobby farm with tonnes of stuff to fix up, and I quit my job to focus on my business, which involved a paycut... just need to figure out how a software company can expense a SxS :p. It would be handy around the yard, but the tractor does 90% of what I need for now. I have so much to do this summer around here, on top of full time work and kids, I can't justify it. Anyways, while the dream is still alive, I'll be a lurker for a while longer.
  3. Got it.
  4. Yeah, I will when time comes, I plan on giving them a ring. Their online prices seem to be the exact same on both sides of the border if you factor in the exchange rate. It will depend on my finances when I finally pull the trigger, and obviously whether or not I end up with a trail or deluxe, or even used (however in a few years of watching marketplace, I think I have only seen a couple 1000-5s come up, and they were priced so close to retail, I'd rather just buy new).

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
but my general policy is "avoid political conversations in SxS forums.
I can appreciate that. But u did initiate the suggestion tho😂
No. I was waiting for you to call me out on that
lol warranted. Its been 3yrs of tons of questions mainly of the type like u already owned one 🤣 kinda makes a fella wonder lol.
But we dont mind and like our Lurkers.
As I mentioned before my timing is likely 2025. New hobby farm with tonnes of stuff to fix up, and I quit my job to focus on my business, which involved a paycut... just need to figure out how a software company can expense a SxS :p.
If u quit your job and took a pay cut and trying to justify why a software co needs a sxs especially (sorry in advance) Canadas Globerment? Unless you are good at pulling rabbits out if your ass I think your way past 25’ lol. But I wish u all the luck in your new path in life you have chosen.

As for a Rig choice, After waiting this long and your expences that seem to mount up, might as well get the one with all you want, shocks and all. Cuz by the looks of things, your not gonna be happy otherwise and not have the extra funds to really make it the way you want. Buy once cry once.😉

Reactions: ChadD and Backwoods
sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
lol warranted. Its been 3yrs of tons of questions mainly of the type like u already owned one 🤣 kinda makes a fella wonder lol.
But we dont mind and like our Lurkers.
Yeah, when I first joined I was actively trying to buy one. I was on multiple wait lists, and had a deposit down. So I was making mental prep for what I was going to do with it when I got it. Right about the time my financial situation changed, I finally got a call from a dealership... otherwise who knows. Since then I have done a lot less lurking. But from time to time I check in when bored. Participating in the conversation helps me feel like the dream is still alive.

Cheers.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah, when I first joined I was actively trying to buy one. I was on multiple wait lists, and had a deposit down. So I was making mental prep for what I was going to do with it when I got it. Right about the time my financial situation changed, I finally got a call from a dealership... otherwise who knows. Since then I have done a lot less lurking. But from time to time I check in when bored. Participating in the conversation helps me feel like the dream is still alive.

Cheers.
Yes sir I can appreciate your enthusiasm and commitment. I hope things turn positive for you in the future and your dream come true. Good luck my friend

Reactions: ChadD and Backwoods

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!