P1000 ROUGH idle and no power under WOT

Cecilspears89

Cecilspears89

Jun 3, 2017
Saint augustine, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have been going down the check list. I have changed all fluids, drained gas tank and cleaned fuel injectors. I have taken out the spark arrestor. When I pulled the spark plugs they were black but don't look to be broken. Bike was a 2016 left over. I just got it about a month ago. It now has around 200 miles on it. Any ideas???

J

JTW

Anything obstructing the breather along the way? Could just be the computer not mixing correctly.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
What was u doing when it started?

Reactions: joeymt33
Cecilspears89

Cecilspears89

Jun 3, 2017
Saint augustine, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anything obstructing the breather along the way? Could just be the computer not mixing correctly.

No it does it even with the breather off. But that's what it acts like. Almost like it's starving for air or fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cecilspears89

Cecilspears89

Jun 3, 2017
Saint augustine, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What was u doing when it started?

First time I noticed the rough idle was when I went to crank the bike up a couple days after a ride. But it cleared up and went away. Then it did it again while I was out on a ride. And cleared up again. Now I just started to bike yesterday and it has a low rough idle. If I let it idle for a min then it will pick up and idle decent, until I touch the throttle. If I rev it in neutral then let off it will die. Or if I try to put it in gear without holding the brake and gas at the same time it will die. I took it down the street and at WOT in high it would only get to 25mph.

Reactions: Rayrule
J

JTW

No it does it even with the breather off. But that's what it acts like. Almost like it's starving for air or fuel.

Have you checked the line all the way to the stock air filter? I'm assuming you blew out or changed the filter too? Did you check the spark and change the plugs besides just looking at them? Just trying to rule things out.

Cecilspears89

Cecilspears89

Jun 3, 2017
Saint augustine, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Have you checked the line all the way to the stock air filter? I'm assuming you blew out or changed the filter too? Did you check the spark and change the plugs besides just looking at them? Just trying to rule things out.

I have not gotten the plugs yet. I'm hoping the local part store will carry them seeing as how all Honda shops are closed on Sunday and Monday. And I took the entire breather box off and it was still doing it. But yes I checked before I tore it apart and I bought a new filter for it earlier thinking that was the problem. It wasn't. I'm half wondering if my exhaust is clogged. I pulled off the tip and looked inside while it was running. It was glowing red in there. Not sure if that's normal. But I'll do some more trouble shooting tmrw. Just hope it's not something inside the motor

Reactions: JTW and Rayrule
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got money on that plug change. Plugs these days don't respond well to being cleaned like they used to. They are pretty much disposable. If I ever wet fouled one in my cbr900, it was toast.

PCB67SS

PCB67SS

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2015
Panama City Beach
May not be relevant to your issue but mine did that to my buddy while he was out riding. He stopped and when he attempted to start it,it ran real rough and sputtered when applying throttle.
Took in to the shop and they hooked it up to a computer and found a twig wedged behind the gas pedal interfering with the throttle position sensor.
Good Luck

Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!