Rumor: Honda Pioneer 5 seat or a 1100cc SxS!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Re: Rumor: 2015 Honda Pioneer 5 seat or a 1100cc SxS!

chancesemar89,
That's awesome. You have some talent there for sure being able to put that together.
Now... Lets see if we can get Honda to take a look at it. lol.
Then this model could be sitting my garage in a few years.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana

Not finished yet but getting closer

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 1,029
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rumor: 2015 Honda Pioneer 5 seat or a 1100cc SxS!

Something like an RC51 V twin or a VFR 1200 power plant would be nice... And SOUND B.A. with a slip on.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana

Honda sxs,
I have a engine design in my mind the would work out perfect for this machine . Have 2 models. Take the 500 pioneer and 700 pioneer stack a extra cylinder in front to make it a inline twin -twin spark plugs each cylinder. Put a 5 speed dct in it or have a 2 other choices of a paddle shift or a slap shift in the center between the seats. I personally would rather see the 500 engine get a extra cylinder it already has a great low end and lots of torque.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana

Here we go

Attachments

• P1K.22.jpg
    P1K.22.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 898
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have just received some documents supporting the following on the 5 seat Pioneer!
  • Twin Cylinder
  • Low Range
  • Dual Clutch
I will try my best to get them posted tonight.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
Thanks for keeping us posted. just hope it has a 5 speed tranny. when ever you can please post the documents you have . I find this very interesting for Honda to jump so fast into the bigger and better utv market. now we just more documentation on a sport sxs.... Good Fine and thanks again

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
With the news about the expected announcement, I called my buddies up to see what they woudl say. As we stated to discuss the Honda SxS line. They said their company was working on the rear diff components for the new model as well as the knuckle for the rear disk brakes.... Meaning 4 wheel disk brakes! They have also confirmed that the rear diff will be open on the SxS1000M5 with a option to lock it. They are also working on a higher geared diff with a part code named 9S2. Asking them about the Tuesday announcement, they were unable to confirm if we will see a SxS as they really did not know.

But, I did get these images out of them...

Stay tuned...

Attachments

• 2016-P1k-1.png
    2016-P1k-1.png
    184.3 KB · Views: 656
  • 2016-P1k-2.png
    2016-P1k-2.png
    331.3 KB · Views: 652
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
chancesemar89 said:
Thanks for keeping us posted. just hope it has a 5 speed tranny. when ever you can please post the documents you have . I find this very interesting for Honda to jump so fast into the bigger and better utv market. now we just more documentation on a sport sxs.... Good Fine and thanks again

Maybe they realized after a couple of years of lackluster Big Red sales that they needed to compete and set in place a long term plan to get there.

The 500 and 700 use slightly modified existing drivetrain setups and they borrowed heavily from the BR for base design and even parts bins. It would've been a great way to gauge brand support and interest. Then spend the 2 years after they had released the news of the first two to tidy up the design on the flagship of their new lineup.

If it happens I'd like to say I told you so but I was one of the first to buy a 700 so I obviously did not have their long term business plan all figured out.

I am content with the 700, would I want the bigger one if they came out with it... YEAH it's bigger it's...better?... Well this all remains to be seen but as for the hypothetical flagship I hope it's a 1000cc MONSTER that flips the SXS world over. I really want Honda to compete again they used to be the bad wolf that every other manufacturer was afraid of. They were Apple before Apple was Apple, they were the innovative new product everyone wanted because it just worked.

icegod

icegod

Mar 20, 2015
New Brunswick Canada
Honda was embarrassed with the Big Red. They put a lot of time and effort into the P5 & P7 to regain their reputation. Look out as Honda and the Pioneer series of sxs are going to recapture not only the faith of their customers but the entire sxs community. That being said a P11 wouldnt suprise me a bit. After all they just recently introduced the Honda luxury jet.

ksss

ksss

Jul 14, 2013
icegod said:
Honda was embarrassed with the Big Red. They put a lot of time and effort into the P5 & P7 to regain their reputation. Look out as Honda and the Pioneer series of sxs are going to recapture not only the faith of their customers but the entire sxs community. That being said a P11 wouldnt suprise me a bit. After all they just recently introduced the Honda luxury jet.

I would say that they are a long ways from recapturing customers back that they lost with their lackluster approach to the SXS market. The P5 does not reflect a lot of time and effort put into the SXS market. judging by the aftermarket support for these machines, which is a great indicator of machine sales, the P5/P7 are not setting any sales records. Clearly they are not producing the kinds of machines that will attract anyone but the diehard Honda guy and there are a lot fewer of those than there was prior to the SXS market exploding on the scene. I am anxious to see what Honda will release this year. Maybe this is the year Honda starts to get serious in this market.............lets hope.

I stopped yesterday and looked at the 4 seater CanAm turbo 1000. Incredible machine from the looks of it. The 900 Polaris Trail's are seeing good reviews and great sales. This market is not standing still, and Honda reacts like the entire company is neck deep in quick sand. Slow to bring machines to market and when they do it is with machines that cant compete. You can say that well at least a Honda is a quality built machine, and I would historically agree, but the number of issues that has surfaced with the P series surprises me. Polaris and CanAm have stepped up their quality with their latest machines. Maybe that is due to Honda's participation in the market or just the natural order of things, but quality is no longer just a Honda exclusive.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
i think you are far off in your statements since the 700 came out they have sold faster than honda can produce them wait time in dealers a year ago was along time to get a machine and having quality issues there is no quality issues the only problem they have had is in early production models had some bad baffles in the mufflers thats all these have been sound machines they are not the fastest or most powerful out there but they are very dependable i have 2 -700s both have lots of miles and have not turned a wrench on either except oil changes and valve adjustments ask a polaris dealer how many engine blocks they have with rods thru the side and how many belts they go thru i will keep my beltless pioneers and enjoy not having to repair them i had a kawasaki before the pioneer and it was something every ride to keep it going i guess you could say im a die hard honda fan

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
After putting on over 19,000 miles on my 2011, 2012, 2013 Polaris models I can tell you they have huge design issues and the build quality is just awful. Can Am is better but it also has some design problems and its difficult to maintain. Honda did a great job on the 500 and 700 with the existing engines. They work great and don't break plus the low price point. The new models will have a higher price and you can count on at least 3 new models in the hopefully near future. The 5 seat 1000 cc twin engine will satisfy the guys that want more power and a low range. The Sport models should be good. I expect a 50 inch, a 60 inch, and a 1000cc sport model. The big question is when will they come out. It takes about 5 years to develop and test an all new model. Honda and Yamaha both should have some good models in the future. Good quality and good performance. Honda may announce a new model next month and hopefully more than one.

ksss

ksss

Jul 14, 2013
I wont defend Polaris quality. I have a 2011 RZR. I will say that the quality on the latest designs is head and shoulders above the last generation of RZRs. CanAm is also improved. The point being is that they are better, much better than previous. These Pioneer machines have some issues that I don't think they should have considering the time it took to bring them to market. I hope your right and they are about to release a series of sport models. If they build a machine that can run, I will be the first here to buy one. I am a life long (minus the last 4 years) Honda owner, and would love to come back. I am not coming back to a P5 and I don't see many others running back to Honda for a P5 either. It should be much easier to build a reliable machine when it has half the performance capability of the competition. Make a machine that can run with the other guys and make it Honda reliable, now you have done something. As slow as Honda is in reacting to this market there is no excuse for anything less than that. I agree the price point is nice, but again, your not buying a machine with the ability of the other guys, so you had better be cheaper. We can all agree I hope that we want Honda to become competitive in this market. Here is to this year being the year they start getting serious.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
After owning a RZR its hard to be satisfied with a Pioneer. I still have my 2011 RZR 900 with nearly 10,000 miles on it. It will be over 10,000 miles on my next ride with the young fast guys. I keep it in good condition but that takes lots of repair plus it took 2 weeks to set it up for high mileage use. I'm getting tired of working on it all the time. I will sell it after Honda or Yamaha offer a competitive sport model. I expect Polaris to come out with a 3 cylinder 140 hp model later this year. Also with a 5 or 6 speed trans. Yamaha will have their sport model announcement in September. This is going to be an interesting year.

ksss

ksss

Jul 14, 2013
hondabob said:
After owning a RZR its hard to be satisfied with a Pioneer.
I think this is the center of the issue. The only hope is that the P5 was some type of stop gap machine and that the real machines are still to be released (that seems unlike Honda to do that). Guys can make all the excuses they want for the P5 shortcomings (speed, engine size, and suspension travel and so forth) and how that doesn't matter, but if Honda is interested in conquest sales (which they had better be, since there are far more current SXS owners than there are first time SXS buyers at this point), they need to improve the P5 riding experience or offer a different machine that better matches that of the competition.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The 3 seat, 5 seat will satisfy the I want more power and low range guys. The Sport Models will satisfy the most of the RZR guys. Hoping Honda will make a huge announcement next month.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Id love to have a 5 seater since I have 5 people in my family. Id really just be happy with a 700 and low range I dont do much high speed riding, most is under 30mph, so having a 1000cc that goes 80 doesnt appeal to me, id rather have the low end tire turning power for climbing, towing, and sticky mud. Im lucky, in a way, that i cant buy one about 6 months, so by then I can see what 2016 will have. Open rear diff would be nice as well.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!