Talon running in low

S

Scooter14

Jul 25, 2019
Pittsburgh,Pa
Ownership

1. Talon X
So, since the Talon has an auto transmission, whats the purpose of "low range" on the shifter? Does the tranny just stay in low gear the whole time or does it still shift in lower ranges? Probably stupid question but my question none the less.
Thanks in advance

Reactions: Russ989 and BWAF
J

justin2959

Apr 11, 2019
US
So for trail riding would that be the best way?
I go when i know im just going to be out cruising 15-20 mph. It will run up to around 40 mph or maybe a little more but if your running that fast high range is better. More of a rock crawling to cruise range.

Reactions: BWAF
S

Scooter14

Jul 25, 2019
Pittsburgh,Pa
Ownership

1. Talon X
I go when i know im just going to be out cruising 15-20 mph. It will run up to around 40 mph or maybe a little more but if your running that fast high range is better. More of a rock crawling to cruise range.
Thanks for the in put

Reactions: justin2959
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I generally run in high unless its a rough slow trail or a tough obstacle, then I put in low.

Reactions: BWAF
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
If you only use high , you have 6 speeds . If you use both you have 12 speeds . Use both then you get maximum fun .

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, since the Talon has an auto transmission, whats the purpose of "low range" on the shifter? Does the tranny just stay in low gear the whole time or does it still shift in lower ranges? Probably stupid question but my question none the less.
Thanks in advance
It gives you 6 more reduces gears by using a sub-trans.

Cobweb

Cobweb

Mar 2, 2019
Hexi Hollow
Ownership

1. Talon R
In the woods I run low. If i get out on a road, then high. At Hatfield McCoy last month I ran in low almost all the time. You're good in low up to 35-40 mph.

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!