Russ989’s Trifecta Build

Russ989 submitted a new Garage Item:

Russ989’s Trifecta Build

After owning a 500 and a 700, it was time to move on up and buy the 1000. I’ve named this pioneer Trifecta. Stay tuned!

DE7BE5F5 6FB3 4129 8AB4 CEC4073F6B8F

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited:
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Definitely a chunk of change to fix the upper mounts.
The estimate includes a whole new frame. Honda guy that did the estimate, said they probably couldn't get a frame for a year or longer.
I wouldn't want a machine that had everything removed and put on another frame. I bet it would be a nightmare rig after that.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The estimate includes a whole new frame. Honda guy that did the estimate, said they probably couldn't get a frame for a year or longer.
I wouldn't want a machine that had everything removed and put on another frame. I bet it would be a nightmare rig after that.
I agree. But part of me would have fun building a machine from the frame up. We know where all the weak points are now. Easy to set up jigs on a brand new frame.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any update on Trifecta's injuries?
Is it fatal?
No update yet, I’ve been playing catch-up since I got back. I’m debating turning it into insurance but the odd chance that they might total it is making me consider fixing it and moving on. I talked to another member that had progressive which is what I have and they dropped him after his claim for the same issue.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
No update yet, I’ve been playing catch-up since I got back. I’m debating turning it into insurance but the odd chance that they might total it is making me consider fixing it and moving on. I talked to another member that had progressive which is what I have and they dropped him after his claim for the same issue.
Well phuck......I'll be following on what you decide cause I have progressive too.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It will be BA whatever u decide to do with the rig. We have some really good mutual friends ;)

Not that it matters, I have Markel Ins they specialize in motorsports. Had them since my last Poo Poo in 08’. Theyve been great. I havent had to make a claim yet. But my buddy had on an Arctic Crap with a slightly bent cage that they totaled a few yrs ago. They didnt raise his ins nor did they drop him. So If u get dropped or want to change in the future, Id suggest looking into them.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It will be BA whatever u decide to do with the rig. We have some really good mutual friends ;)

Not that it matters, I have Markel Ins they specialize in motorsports. Had them since my last Poo Poo in 08’. Theyve been great. I havent had to make a claim yet. But my buddy had on an Arctic Crap with a slightly bent cage that they totaled a few yrs ago. They didnt raise his ins nor did they drop him. So If u get dropped or want to change in the future, Id suggest looking into them.
I could easily fix Trifecta, it only tore the front. It’s as simple as lining it up and tacking it in place so I can grind some of the old weld out and then lay a few good beads on it. I would then reinforce it with some braces.
CAD25D5F 69DA 407D BB10 6D0FA34C432D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!