P500 Rusty's Juicebox #nohomo

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Nice rig coming along with all your add ons. I did a frame ground. When I ran the 6 ga wire off the battery I used a switched waterproof breaker just outside the battery box. It also makes it easy to kill power to my add on circuits while working on them.
Do you have a link for the breaker? I like this idea for switching the fuse box off when adding accessories.

I also forgot I have the Honda OEM wiring harness as well, completely forgot how I am going to tie that into the fuse box/power. I think* I want the fuse box tied into keyed on power?

Thanks broskis

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
yes, the 🚂 2.0 version is a huge imorovement.

I can't tell you how impressed I am with the 2.0 box. The fitment, seals, outside finish, ability to lock are all top notch. I was pretty OCD and worried about cutting the dash, but turned out better than I hoped.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I can't tell you how impressed I am with the 2.0 box. The fitment, seals, outside finish, ability to lock are all top notch. I was pretty OCD and worried about cutting the dash, but turned out better than I hoped.
Installation is easy for sure. I first drilled a oversized hole for the rear bolt, centered then traced the cutout. E9143248 3130 4039 BAF0 5EB15C53BD5A

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Do you have a link for the breaker? I like this idea for switching the fuse box off when adding accessories.

I also forgot I have the Honda OEM wiring harness as well, completely forgot how I am going to tie that into the fuse box/power. I think* I want the fuse box tied into keyed on power?

Thanks broskis
You can get an automotive relay and use one of the 4 subharness leads as the trigger the higher amp power source to the fuse block.

. The switched breakers come in an assortment of amp ratings so match it to winch amp draw. Its good to have protection on high amp wires off the battery, mounted mine on frame member behind the passenger seat so I can reach in from the battery side.

DC341BA3 FF0E 47FA 99AE 937BEE24FB9ABFA0CB4D CE3C 4FB4 80F0 CC28336616EA

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
You can get an automotive relay and use one of the 4 subharness leads as the trigger the higher amp power source to the fuse block.

. The switched breakers come in an assortment of amp ratings so match it to winch amp draw. Its good to have protection on high amp wires off the battery, mounted mine on frame member behind the passenger seat so I can reach in from the battery side.

View attachment 277571View attachment 277572

Thanks man I appreciate it! So the way I understand the relay...

Relay

The "Device" is my fuse box? Is the positive hookups (86 and 30)coming from the Honda wiring harness? I'm trying to visualize this and having a tough time.

Thanks again!

Edit - also I was planning on running my winch positive wire directly to the battery, so wasnt planning on a switch for that. Fuse positive wire to switch and then to battery? I just thought that with the winch you want to be connected directly to the battery and not run it through the fuse box?

Thanks and sorry for all these questions

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Thanks man I appreciate it! So the way I understand the relay...

View attachment 277575
The "Device" is my fuse box? Is the positive hookups (86 and 30)coming from the Honda wiring harness? I'm trying to visualize this and having a tough time.

Thanks again!

Edit - also I was planning on running my winch positive wire directly to the battery, so wasnt planning on a switch for that. Fuse positive wire to switch and then to battery? I just thought that with the winch you want to be connected directly to the battery and not run it through the fuse box?

Thanks and sorry for all these questions
86 + is from key on power from the subharness, 30 is a direct feed from the battery via the switched breaker. This will allow you to run device power off 87 greater than the 15 amp limit of all subharness leads combined. If all your accessories (excluding winch) do not exceed 15 amps, then you may not need the relay feeding your fuse block. I did not use 87a. 86 is just a relay trigger from the subharness should you need it. Be aware of the relay amp rating.

For the winch, run your heavy guage wire from battery positive to one side of the high amp switched circuit breaker placed close to the battery box, then out from the other side to the winch motor lead directly, bypassing your fuse block. This provides heavy guage wire protection against direct shorts in the routing to the hood and also serves as your thermal breaker for the winch motor. Then run a key on power from the fuse block to the winch contactor for its trigger.
Hope it makes sense. Just remeber that any downstream wire must have protection rated for that wire. Hope I have not confused you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing and J80
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
86 + is from key on power from the subharness, 30 is a direct feed from the battery via the switched breaker. This will allow you to run device power off 87 greater than the 15 amp limit of all subharness leads combined. If all your accessories (excluding winch) do not exceed 15 amps, then you may not need the relay feeding your fuse block. I did not use 87a. 86 is just a relay trigger from the subharness should you need it. Be aware of the relay amp rating.

For the winch, run your heavy guage wire from battery positive to one side of the high amp switched circuit breaker placed close to the battery box, then out from the other side to the winch motor lead directly, bypassing your fuse block. This provides heavy guage wire protection against direct shorts in the routing to the hood and also serves as your thermal breaker for the winch motor. Then run a key on power from the fuse block to the winch contactor for its trigger.
Hope it makes sense. Just remeber that any downstream wire must have protection rated for that wire. Hope I have not confused you.

Am I missing anything here? I guess my question with the breaker - will it be able to fit the 4ga wire from the winch and the wire coming from the relay?
Rustywiring

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
You will need 4 guage lugs for cable end Connections to the switched breaker.

You can use any of the 4 sub harness leads for 86 you want, it does not matter how they are described, all 4 are key on power with a max amp of 15 amps combined.

If your winch is like mine, the picture is missing the winch contactor (solenoid) box, which should be shown between the switched breaker and the winch. It will take a small guage positive and negative from your fuse block to power the internal relay as a trigger, from a rocker switch. Your winch should also come with heavier guage wires to use with the contactor box for the input power from the breaker feed and outputs to the winch motor.

To make it easy for me with the heavy guage wires and the large lugs, I used separate junction blocks mounted to the upper frame rail under the hood. These will provide connections to your 4 ga wires, and you can draw power off it for everything, like your fuse block. Think of them it as an extension of your battery terminals.

This was my approach and there are many options. This is another good thread.

FD741203 9231 4DBE 98F9 F576D9CE28C6

Last edited:
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
You will need 4 guage lugs for cable end Connections to the switched breaker.

You can use any of the 4 sub harness leads for 86 you want, it does not matter how they are described, all 4 are key on power with a max amp of 15 amps combined.

If your winch is like mine, the picture is missing the winch contactor box, which should be between the switched braker and the winch. It will take a small guage positive and negative from your fuse block to power the internal relay as a trigger. Your winch should also come with heavier guage wires to use with the contactor box for the input power from the breaker feed and outputs to the winch motor.

To make it easy for me with the heavy guage wires and the large lugs, I used separate junction blocks mounted to the upper frame rail under the hood. These will provide connections to your 4 ga wires, and you can draw power off it for everything, like your fuse block. Think of them it as an extension of your battery terminals.

This was my approach and there are many options. This is another good thread.

View attachment 277585

Ok thanks man that helps a lot - I think I need to get everything set out and kind of visualize this whole thing. I didn't take the winch out of the box yet, so will need to look at that tonight to figure out the contactor box.

I do like the idea of using the junction/post blocks as kind of an extension of the battery posts - that would basically leave me with only one positive 4ga wire and the breaker that would need to be run back to the battery.

Crazy the amount of thinking this involves 🤣 🤣 🤣 , but you guys are super helpful! Cant tell you how much I appreciate your patience and help haha.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Ok thanks man that helps a lot - I think I need to get everything set out and kind of visualize this whole thing. I didn't take the winch out of the box yet, so will need to look at that tonight to figure out the contactor box.

I do like the idea of using the junction/post blocks as kind of an extension of the battery posts - that would basically leave me with only one positive 4ga wire and the breaker that would need to be run back to the battery.

Crazy the amount of thinking this involves 🤣 🤣 🤣 , but you guys are super helpful! Cant tell you how much I appreciate your patience and help haha.
Yes, I ran one positive and grounded the negative terminal block to the frame. Others run positive and negative back to the battery but I have had no issues. Good luck.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, that’s not where I got mine GG. We’re going back years here.

Yeah you did, it's the same guy. First updated the hinge then ended up updating the whole thing with a lock and a weather seal. Speaking or writing his name is just no longer allowed on the forum. It seriously won't allow you to post it.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yeah you did, it's the same guy. First updated the hinge then ended up updating the whole thing with a lock and a weather seal. Speaking or writing his name is just no longer allowed on the forum. It seriously won't allow you to post it.
The banded member's brother was at the TO for a day ride Saturday, I got to talk a little with him, good time. His brother is so busy marketing his XXX's, he now longer builds them, he farms it out, installs the weather stripping, lock and does quality control, then ships. I sure do miss the mail man films of his wife giving the mailman what for, that is some funny sxxt!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
The banded member's brother was at the TO for a day ride Saturday, I got to talk a little with him, good time. His brother is so busy marketing his XXX's, he now longer builds them, he farms it out, installs the weather stripping, lock and does quality control, then ships. I sure do miss the mail man films of his wife giving the mailman what for, that is some funny sxxt!
X2 on the mail man.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520

Just take it one wire at a time. Figure out everything you need, decide where you are going to mount things, and then tackle the wiring. Get you wiring diagrams and cross off wires as you go.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I actually watched a few of those videos when I was looking at AMRs videos for the install... hilarious 🤣
All that was bad stuff during the banning/resignation of memberships, both parties himed themselves into a corner that there was no escape with there dignity, so come to pass, we lost two great members. Very sad for three parties. But like in the real world may the best product win. This is just me looking from the outside in, I don't have a dog in this hunt. Sure do miss the Mailman vids though! HA!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Well that’s hilarious, wonder how that happened....😂

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Was he banned??? I thought he just got pissed and left us....😂😂😂

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!