Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A trick I used to use was to take a round wood dowel and a deadblow to push the bottom bead down enough to engage the rim gently.

pull the valve core to get max cfm and psi, then gently lift the tire to seat the top half. This is easier with a tire machine as the rim is secure as you lift up on the tire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biteme and Mudwing
Biteme

Biteme

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2020
North West New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A trick used to use was to take a round wood dowel and a deadblow to push the bottom bead down enough to engage the rim gently.

pull the valve core to get max cfm and psi, then gently lift the tire to seat the top half. This is easier with a tire machine as the rim is secure as you lift up on the tire.
Have done this way also

Reactions: Vikes79 and Mudwing
volkspower

volkspower

Feb 28, 2017
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X
Back when I was racing karts we used to use something called tire snot to lube up the bead to pop it on. We were mounting 8" wide tires on 12" wide wheels. Before we started using bead lube we had to use almost 100psi to seat the tire. After we started using the snot it took around 70-80psi to seat them.
I was able to seat my 30" system 3 tires with only 30psi.

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!