H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I'm getting 30's for the desert riding this winter. Two of my friends really like them. Lots of Happy Talk about them too.

The BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM3 tire is truly "Built through experience earned on the trail." Years of experience and testing in some of the toughest conditions on earth has resulted in a product that meets the stated needs of the serious UTV enthusiasts, toughness and traction.

Key technologies include:
-Traction-Armor Sidewall Sculpture: Designed to boost traction capabilities in mud and soft soil thanks to a notched shoulder design and to prevent hazards from snagging and splitting the sidewall.
-Terrain-Attack Tread Design: Tread blocks are designed to deliver incredible grip from any angle of approach.
-Mud-Phobic Bars: Created to release compacted mud for enhanced traction in muddy and soft soil conditions.
-Linear Flex Zones: Built to allow the tire to flex and envelop objects in aired-down situations.
-UTV-Specific Tread Compound: Grips rock and other slick surfaces.
-Stable Tread Blocks: Help provide foundation in rocky conditions.
-Tough Sidewall Rubber: Helps resist splitting and bruising.
-Thick, Extended Shoulder Rubber: Helps protect the critical sidewall failure zone.

Reactions: Hometeam
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
More Happy Talk. My buddy said he can tell how much better these tires work. He is comparing them to the stock Talon tires.

Take on Earth's toughest terrain with advanced Krawl-TEK compound that enhances grip on rock and slick surfaces, with 8% better traction. Plus, a Linear Flex Zone allows the tire to flex and envelop objects in aired-down driving situations.

The BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 has 5 percent better mud traction than its predecessor. “Mud-Phobic” bars on the tire’s shoulders are designed to release compacted mud for enhanced traction in muddy or soft soil conditions. The tire’s Terrain-Attack tread pattern includes massive tread blocks designed to deliver incredible grip from any angle of approach.

The advanced Krawl-TEK compound in the BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 delivers 8 percent better rock traction that enhances grip on rock and other slick surfaces. The tyre’s Linear Flex Zone allows it to envelop objects at reduced inflation for even more grip when climbing. The Traction-Armor Sidewall Sculpture and notched shoulder design also boost traction capabilities in soft soil and mud.

The BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 was designed to conquer the toughest off-road challenges with extreme sidewall protection, pinch shock resistance and chip-and-tear resistance on gravel. Its sidewalls are 27 percent tougher, thanks to CoreGard Max race-proven technology derived from the BFGoodrich Baja T/A KR3 desert-racing tyre line. This technology helps prevent splitting or puncturing with increased thickness that protects the critical sidewall failure zone. The BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 also offers solid street performance and acceptable on-road noise levels for the rides to and from the trail.

All BFGoodrich tires have a Standard Manufacturer's Limited Warranty, which covers defects in workmanship and materials for the life of the original usable tread, or for 6 years from date of purchase, whichever occurs first.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
The BFG UTV tires are very good but if you are looking for longevity avoid those and get the LT version they sell for street vehicles. The UTV version of the tire is made from a much softer compound.

Reactions: Moab_Marty
Moab_Marty

Moab_Marty

Jul 12, 2019
Moab + Western CO
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm wondering how you guys determine how worn do the tires have to be before replacing them.
Want to get a reasonable max mileage before spending the $800 to $900 for a new set.

I've been running 32" Terrabites and getting 4,000 miles before changing ( with 1 swap of the front to rear to even out wear)

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
Going with Sedona Trail Saw tires. Found a set cheap. $760 for all 4. For that price they will be fine for 1,500 miles or so. That seems to be a good tire other people run and recommend riding the amount of miles I do in the same areas.

Reactions: CID
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I was getting 6,000 miles with the stock Maxxis tires. The new Kenda tires are only good for 4,000 miles. You can see the worn-out marks. I do have some tough low speed trails so the 30's should be good for me. They measure 29.5 so my low range should be ok.

A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I was getting 6,000 miles with the stock Maxxis tires. The new Kenda tires are only good for 4,000 miles. You can see the worn-out marks. I do have some tough low speed trails so the 30's should be good for me. They measure 29.5 so my low range should be ok.
I have about 1500 road miles on my stock tires and have plenty of tread left. I'd be happy if I get 4000 miles on a set.