P500 Safety Nets

C

Conter25

Jul 16, 2016
Utah
I bought my P500 right before winter and had my dealer install the Soft Doors and a plow. For visibility they removed the safety nets for me.

Now that spring is back around I have removed the doors and want to reinstall the nets for kids and other safety reasons, however I can't seem to get the bolts off the roll cage to mount the bracket back on...

I have been trying on and off for a couple hours and getting a little frustrated, Does anybody have experience resinstalling the nets? Or even taking them off so they can give me some tips and how to get the bolts off..?

IMG 7344 IMG 7345

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I think the nuts are some type of lock nut. They don't turn free untill almost all the way off. Metric 6 point socket and it should back right off.

C

Chucky

Feb 15, 2017
Edgewater, Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
I didn't want to have to break those nuts loose every time that I took the nets on or off, so I just slide the bracket over the exposed threads and added a new nut on the end of each bolt. Now I don't need 2 wrenches to remove those brackets.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!