• Welcome to HONDASXS.com

If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.

P500 Safety Nets

Discussion in 'General Pioneer 500 Discussion' started by Conter25, Mar 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Conter25

Conter25 New Member

I bought my P500 right before winter and had my dealer install the Soft Doors and a plow. For visibility they removed the safety nets for me.

Now that spring is back around I have removed the doors and want to reinstall the nets for kids and other safety reasons, however I can't seem to get the bolts off the roll cage to mount the bracket back on...

I have been trying on and off for a couple hours and getting a little frustrated, Does anybody have experience resinstalling the nets? Or even taking them off so they can give me some tips and how to get the bolts off..?

IMG_7344.JPG IMG_7345.JPG

2. Rustell

Rustell Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    Maybe heat them up a bit...to break the thread-loc .

3. lee

lee Incompetents at work here
    Lifetime Member Club Contributor

I think the nuts are some type of lock nut. They don't turn free untill almost all the way off. Metric 6 point socket and it should back right off.

4. Chucky

Chucky Member

Ownership:
    I didn't want to have to break those nuts loose every time that I took the nets on or off, so I just slide the bracket over the exposed threads and added a new nut on the end of each bolt. Now I don't need 2 wrenches to remove those brackets.

trigger, iowaguy and Tramguage1 like this.