Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Film from the start line, facing the finish line so you can't tell who wins or by how much.
That's funny. I played around with my phone today to figure out how to take video.
Have never done it with this phone so wanted to be ready for the big race.
Give 'er hell Piston! There'll be at least one person in the crowd rooting for you.

D

Deleted member 3748

The SxS classes are 'Open' which is unfair! I may do the mud drags instead since I'll really have no chance in the sand. Unless I pay the $10 just so you guys can get video to watch. :D

Kids up to 12*
Kids 13-15*
Off road motorcycle (open)
Atvs 350cc and under (stock)***
Atvs 351-599cc (stock) ***
Atvs 600cc and up (stock) ***
Modified (open) **
SxS (open)

MUD:
Kids up to 12*
Kids 13-15*
Atvs 2 wheel (open)
Atvs 4x4 up to 599cc (stock) ***
Atvs 4x4 600cc and up (stock)***
Modified (open)**
SxS (open)

Reactions: Montecresto
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Sounds like a lot of fun!! Hope to see pics and vids!

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
The SxS classes are 'Open' which is unfair! I may do the mud drags instead since I'll really have no chance in the sand. Unless I pay the $10 just so you guys can get video to watch. :D

Kids up to 12*
Kids 13-15*
Off road motorcycle (open)
Atvs 350cc and under (stock)***
Atvs 351-599cc (stock) ***
Atvs 600cc and up (stock) ***
Modified (open) **
SxS (open)

MUD:
Kids up to 12*
Kids 13-15*
Atvs 2 wheel (open)
Atvs 4x4 up to 599cc (stock) ***
Atvs 4x4 600cc and up (stock)***
Modified (open)**
SxS (open)
There's always a chance your completion smokes a belt, DNF's, and you win!

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
T....are you talking about competition?

D

Deleted member 3748

So the good news is... I got to meet Trigger and his wife. Both are very nice. The other news is... We only got to make 1 run and my competition was an 800 Teryx. I have video but Trigger has a video too. I'll wait for his post. :)

Reactions: Tflynn and trigger
advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Gentlemen...start your engines!
The event was very cool, lots of people and lots of ATV's and SxS's. Food, drink, raffles and vendors.
Got to meet Piston and his wife, very nice people, swapped numbers and plan to set up a ride sometime.
Here's some pics...
The Event
The Track PistonThere's Piston across from us with the camo P5.

D

Deleted member 3748

Having a hell of a time converting this video. Piston, you're the techie, says I need a codec.
Hmmmm. If you're using a Windows 7 or Windows 8 computer, try downloading Microsoft Movie Maker. It's a freebie and you can save videos as MP4.

In the meantime... here's an unedited video of my race vs. the Teryx. That K&N filter really gave me a boost! :rolleyes:

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well, until I figure it out... Piston ran in the drag but didn't win. As stated, was pitted against an 800.
He was all set up to do the mud bog too but bailed out, didn't think he could make it with stock tires. I thought he could have but...
What's funnier is that we met up at the trucks and he said they were hitting the road, I told him we were going to make one quick rip around the trails, as we really hadn't ridden all day, and then we were packing it in. Got about ten minutes into the trail with the stereo cranking and I heard what sounded like a siren. I wasn't listening to Techno, ( it was Zeppelin), so I looked in the rear view and saw red and blue lights. I got pulled over by the sheriff in a Wildcat Trail! :eek: I left my wallet in the truck, so he took my name and particulars and radioed it in. I asked him what I did wrong, thought it might have been the no helmet thing or doing about 35 down the trail, nope...didn't come to a complete stop at a four way. I confessed that I probably just yielded and didn't fully stop. After hearing all my pertinent information come back over the radio, he looked at me and said okay. I asked now what happens? He said, is that your wife sitting in there...yes sir, maam would you like for me to give your husband a ticket for failure to stop? Looked like she thought about it, actually hesitated before saying no. Ugh!
He let us go and I assured him that I would stop at all stop signs from now on. I gave his machine a once over and told him that he must have a good hiding spot because I didn't see him.
Good guys just trying to keep everyone safe. I'll be going back next year. :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So the good news is... I got to meet Trigger and his wife. Both are very nice. The other news is... We only got to make 1 run and my competition was an 800 Teryx. I have video but Trigger has a video too. I'll wait for his post. :)
That is good news, always knew trigger was a good fella. Glad to hear you are too. :)

D

Deleted member 3748

After letting me swing for a sec.! But yes she did cut me loose.
Btw...saw one other green P5 and a blue P7.
And Piston has a digital tachometer that I don't remember him sharing with the class. o_O

Hahaha! I'll check through my posts... I must have posted it at one time.

D

Deleted member 3748

Yeah... I wussed out of the mud drags. It looked pretty good at the beginning. About 6" of goo with 12" of water on top. Then the big quads started tearing it up and no one with stock tires was making it and no other sport/utility SxS were even trying. I thought "I'm not gonna make it, a lot of people are watching, and I'm just gonna chicken out." So... yeah, I chickened out. Sorry guys, I should be ashamed. :oops: But my SxS is clean... ish! :D The sand drags was a no-brainer. Gas and go. The Teryx 800 was the closest machine to mine. He didn't want to race any of the other SxS either. LOL I learned a little from this one. The big lesson was that I can't hear the engine when wearing a full face helmet and following a Teryx. Next time I'll be ready to watch the tach or speedo. But the run was fine... I was in 4WD, started in second gear and finished in 5th. I may have shifted into 5th too early. There wasn't a lot of time to think about these things, even in the normal speed video. :cool:

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!