Sand Mountain Nevada

M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Looks like some nice flowing trails to rip on!

Nevada Notch

Nevada Notch

Jul 3, 2021
Carson City
I enjoy riding the outer trails more than I do the big dunes! Not so many crazies!

Planning a 3 or 4 day trip early part of 4th of July weekend if it's not too hot.

Rand

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Looks kinda similar to a riding area not too far from me. I agree sometimes the outskirts are just as enjoyable as the big dunes.

Reactions: Smitty335
M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Okay I’m in the IE. That place reminds of pismo beach. During the week is great but weekends can get crazy. Too bad this state decided to shut it down in the next few months. I give it 10-15 years before we lose most public riding areas here. Hopefully I’ll be out of this state and retired by then.

Nevada Notch

Nevada Notch

Jul 3, 2021
Carson City
It could remind you of Pismo before they restricted dune access. I used to ride Pismo back in the 70's and 80's when you had full dune access. No restrictions except for a small vegetated area.

Rand

• Sad
M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It could remind you of Pismo before they restricted dune access. I used to ride Pismo back in the 70's and 80's when you had full dune access. No restrictions except for a small vegetated area.

Rand

We use to be able to ride most of it about 10 years ago from what I remember. But it’s gotten so small now. It’s sad.

Nevada Notch

Nevada Notch

Jul 3, 2021
Carson City
It's Sand Mountain Nevada. It's a 600 foot tall dune out in the middle of nowhere (25 miles outside of Fallon Nevada) with miles of smaller trails in the surrounding area. Do a search and there are numerous videos of the area.

My back yard so to speak. Not a large area but plenty of sand and hard pack trails in the area to keep you entertained for a weekend. I'll be heading out there again in about a week to test my new System 3 wheels and SS360 Sand & Snow tires.

Most people spend their time racing up and down the big dune. Some people put some serious money into vehicles just to race up and down that damn dune!

If you fast forward to the 14 minute mark of the 1st video titled "Outer Boundary Big Dune, you will get an idea of how big it really is. With paddles that are too aggressive, two people in the Talon and all my equipment, I can't make it up the dune.

Rand

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!