P1000 SC1 Clear Coat

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So my rig's pretty red panels got pretty beat up squeezing between trees and going through brush and I needed to shine her up for a parade. On the Bookface Pioneer page guys talked highly of this SC1 I had never heard of before:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WK5PWQ/?tag=sxsweb24-20

A little pricey but if it worked, why not give it a shot.

Before:

IMG 5501

After:

IMG 5523

IMG 5521

The scratches are still there but it hides them VERY well. Spray on, wipe off. I'm giving it two thumbs up.

IMG 5526

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So my rig's pretty red panels got pretty beat up squeezing between trees and going through brush and I needed to shine her up for a parade. On the Bookface Pioneer page guys talked highly of this SC1 I had never heard of before:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WK5PWQ/?tag=sxsweb24-20

A little pricey but if it worked, why not give it a shot.

Before:

View attachment 77739

After:

View attachment 77740
View attachment 77741

The scratches are still there but it hides them VERY well. Spray on, wipe off. I'm giving it two thumbs up.

View attachment 77745

I buy it by the case on eBay. It’s amazing stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
love SC1, will make faded black plastics look new again too. been using it for a few years now and havent found much i like better. Pledge works pretty decent too and a lot cheaper, but I still like SC1 better. and it smells good

Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Been wondering about this stuff. Is it a spray that stays liquid and pretty much washes off during each wash or does it actually dry and harden like a real clear coat? Saw a 4wheeler once that had some sort of hardened clear coat on it and it ended up crackling because of all the plastics flexing over time.

Reactions: BWAF
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Just dont use that if you plan on painting the plastic though.

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Been wondering about this stuff. Is it a spray that stays liquid and pretty much washes off during each wash or does it actually dry and harden like a real clear coat? Saw a 4wheeler once that had some sort of hardened clear coat on it and it ended up crackling because of all the plastics flexing over time.

I would describe it more of a penetrating silicone based spray that brightens the color and softens the look of the scratches. Water beads right off like it was waxed.

Just dont use that if you plan on painting the plastic though.

My plastics would be trashed after one ride if they were ever painted.

Reactions: Twangin and BWAF
advertisement
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I would describe it more of a penetrating silicone based spray that brightens the color and softens the look of the scratches. Water beads right off like it was waxed.

My plastics would be trashed after one ride if they were ever painted.

Depends what you paint them with and who painted them. I have had great luck with monstaliner and found the only thing that will take that off is direct contact with rock (usually sliding down them on my side lol)

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
if you go to dollar general and buy their tire shine it comes in a large aerosol can. if will brighten the plastic and blend the scratches just as well as SC1. and all for 2.50$. i can cover my machine 2 and half times with a can. I use SC1 for my windshield's for the silicone properties. it will help reduce the scratches you get on poly-carbonate. if you let the mud dry and wipe gently with a microfiber towel the dirt will wipe off like its dust.

J

JTW

if you go to dollar general and buy their tire shine it comes in a large aerosol can. if will brighten the plastic and blend the scratches just as well as SC1. and all for 2.50$. i can cover my machine 2 and half times with a can. I use SC1 for my windshield's for the silicone properties. it will help reduce the scratches you get on poly-carbonate. if you let the mud dry and wipe gently with a microfiber towel the dirt will wipe off like its dust.
I use the hand sprayer DG tire shine... I’ll have to try the aerosol

Reactions: BWAF
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm a fan of Radiant 1. My son uses it at his shop every time they take a trade in and want to make it look new. First they give it a good bath with Super Clean, then hit all plastic with Radiant 1. It's high silicone so like any silicone based product it's a dust magnet, but really brings back the life to faded and worn plastic. He has a local auto parts place that orders it for him and keeps it in the back for them only. I got a gallon for roughly 23 bucks including tax. Makes anything shine, black plastic looks like new, it's cheap, and smells good too.

Rdiant 1

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!