Seatbelts Matter!

Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I’m guilty of hooking my seatbelt behind me 99% of the time, you never think anything will happen until it does! A few weekends ago (June 18-20) a group of us were riding at Sabine Atv park have a blast! Two ladies in our group were in a Can Am Maverick XMR going around 15mph and hit a big washout. The buggy went nose first then laid over on the drivers side. The driver was wearing her seatbelt but the passenger was not. The passenger fell head first into the driver leaving both of them unconscious. The driver was in and out of consciousness until she got to the hospital (about 3 hours), the passenger was out for about 15 minutes. The driver had severe concussion, black eye and a minor fracture….all from the passengers head hitting her in the head. The passenger had to be air lifted to the nearest trama center for head injuries and surgery early the next morning. Her head hit a corner brace on the roll cage

D0B9A78A 5778 4E6E 9882 5B9DF98819DA A22C5826 5F09 44FF A390 DBCBDD04DB57

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
I didn't used to back a few years ago till a friend of mine got killed in a RZR accident and if he had on his seat belt it would have saved his life so I always wear mine now.
I hate to hear that about your friend. I have a p500 and I always wear the seat belt and I’ve been thinking about getting a bigger machine and if I do it will be equipped with some type of good harness

Thorney

Thorney

Mar 21, 2021
Minnesota / Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
Funny thing, just now I was out on the P700-4 putting around the neighborhood looking for the neighbors run-off dog. Didn't have the belt on. Was going to head over to the next street to take a ride up the lakeshore but to get there, you have to go out on a county highway for only 1/8th mile...So I stopped and buckled up. As soon as I pull around the corner onto the next street, there is the sheriff. He waves me over and gives me a good look. I would have gotten a ticket for sure, and deserved it. I was lucky.

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I was in a wreck a year ago as a passenger in my 500. Just doing circles in a flat field in third gear. The kid driving cranked the wheel at full lock and floored it. Over we went with no seatbelts. I had a death grip on the upper grab bar and when I stood up both of the bones in my right forearm where sticking out of the skin near my wrist. Titanium plate to fix it. No damage to the 500 but I thought about getting wheel spacers.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I was in a wreck a year ago as a passenger in my 500. Just doing circles in a flat field in third gear. The kid driving cranked the wheel at full lock and floored it. Over we went with no seatbelts. I had a death grip on the upper grab bar and when I stood up both of the bones in my right forearm where sticking out of the skin near my wrist. Titanium plate to fix it. No damage to the 500 but I thought about getting wheel spacers.

I'm curious. Is your swaybar disconected? I'm sure that could happen either way, with enough speed.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I wear mine any time we are off the pavement, but when we have the dogs in the back and are just putting around the neighborhood, we never wear them. Might change that now.

SP82

SP82

Jan 21, 2021
CA
I put harnesses in my p1000-5 cause I’ve seen this before. Also seen smaller humans ( kids) slip out of the oem seat belts during a roll over (luckily everyone was ok on that one) so I always wear mine. Hope everyone recovers. Also being in California we have helmet laws even for sxs/Utvs. I always think there dumb until you see something like this or worse. Wear your seat belt and be safe everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Swaybar is still on. Aftermarket wheels (5+2) bump the front width out a little but I have 9” wheels on the back which make it about 50” wide. 26” bighorns with about 20 lbs of air in them.
I'm curious. Is your swaybar disconected? I'm sure that could happen either way, with enough speed.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
What about the nets guys? I took mine off as soon as I got home. Anyone really use them?
I took them off when I first got it, but I ride a lot of tight heavily wooded trails, and kept getting poked by tree branches. Even caused me to spill my beer once. I put them back on, and now I have holes in them from the branches, but no more spilled beer. 🍻

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!