ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Unless these are different than the P5, you just slide it upward and it releases. My issue with the seatbelts was that they end up riding up and digging into your neck Years ago @iowaguy posted that he used a pad on his, bought them for mine and it hasn't been an issue since. Btw, harnesses suck a** unless they're the retractable type.
I bought the Tusk pads for my 500 when I had it and they did make it a lot better. Sometimes those buckles work just like u said, but usually they just will not slide to release the belt, and they will only tighten - they will not loosen. It's a big deal cuz I have a big gut and when it gets tight buckling the seat belt gets to be like tying my shoes and I can't breathe! LOL

tromano1706

tromano1706

Jun 21, 2020
Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you ever figure out a way to make the seat belts not lock up like they do? The rear ones strangle the kids because of that plastic piece. I broke it off but they are still bad.

Reactions: Lady01
B

bldmtnrider

Jan 8, 2021
Longmont, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven’t figured out anything elegant. Best I have so far is safety wire the lock out of the way and then cover the cover the safety wire with some tape to keep the scratches to a minimum. Need to find some strap clamps and just secure those at the top of the belt to keep it from pulling in but haven’t really found what I’m looking for yet.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!