BOX1

P500 Service manual fault codes

Beez

Beez

Jul 7, 2019
Matyland
Hi all. Can anyone tell me what this means? From what I've read the one is flashing a 57 fault code. Is there a downloadable PDF service manual? The p5 is at Honda but I'm the curious type and like to have an idea.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The service manual does break down testing procedures for each code to diagnose the fault. You mentioned it was at the dealer, so I didn't think those pages would be relevant.

Reactions: Beez
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also,
Is that ticking the machine?
If YES, You need to have the valves adjusted.

Beez

Beez

Jul 7, 2019
Matyland
The service manual does break down testing procedures for each code to diagnose the fault. You mentioned it was at the dealer, so I didn't think those pages would be relevant.
You're right. This is my first sxs/atv.. I imagined the code was more direct.

Beez

Beez

Jul 7, 2019
Matyland
Just to update. My used pioneer with 4 hours is still at the dealership. I call them at least once a day for an update but they continue to move slow. Currently I'm told the clutch is disassembled and soaking.(suspect it dried out from lack of previous owner riding) They can't seem to find time to put it back together. It doesn't help they have only been a Honda dealer for a few months and mine is the first p500 they've seen. Some good news in all this is the dealer claims that Honda has offered to cover everything even though it's no longer under warranty. I question if I will ever trust this machine once I get it back.

Beez

Beez

Jul 7, 2019
Matyland
Got it back. Am told the clutches were dry. They were pulled and soaked for a day and replaced. Seems to be shifting much better. I am curious though. I realized when I got home my p5 went from 4 hrs to 24 hours and 24ish miles to 34 miles. Why the jump from 4 to 24?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!