JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Guys,

Is there a need to service my T35? Reason I ask is I have used it a ton and cycled it many many times ploughing snow with my 66” KFR blade. I’ve noticed that on letting out the line it has always made more noise (even from new) than reeling in the line. Got sooo stuck the other night in deep snow (and mud) and had to winch machine in a 180 to get turned around. Used double snatch blocks and 150 ft of line, nasty sideways pulls, thank god and the T35 I did get out.....

Got me thinking due in part to severe use and growling noise it makes on power out if I need to service also on free spool have to pull pretty hard to spool out. Can I disassemble and apply grease or is it a none serviceable item.

Thanks any suggestions appreciated.
j

Reactions: LandPioneer
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
What, no one has had one apart to grease/lube the gear set? Or just use as a disposable winch? Replacement cost is not horrific when I replace it I’d probably get a Terra 4500.

j

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Guys,

Is there a need to service my T35? Reason I ask is I have used it a ton and cycled it many many times ploughing snow with my 66” KFR blade. I’ve noticed that on letting out the line it has always made more noise (even from new) than reeling in the line. Got sooo stuck the other night in deep snow (and mud) and had to winch machine in a 180 to get turned around. Used double snatch blocks and 150 ft of line, nasty sideways pulls, thank god and the T35 I did get out.....

Got me thinking due in part to severe use and growling noise it makes on power out if I need to service also on free spool have to pull pretty hard to spool out. Can I disassemble and apply grease or is it a none serviceable item.

Thanks any suggestions appreciated.
j

I was told..makes more noise...going out...
than it does going in....
is cause going out...there's no
resistance. ..on line..

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
What, no one has had one apart to grease/lube the gear set? Or just use as a disposable winch? Replacement cost is not horrific when I replace it I’d probably get a Terra 4500.

j
Sealed bearing..at both ends
...lifetime warranty. .
reviews 4.8......to....5 stars
...wats the manual say?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Manual.....? Mmm that got tossed... what’s a lifetime in winch terms? It works fine just seems noisier then when it was new it seems. Also was thinking preventative maintenance, often I’m alone and miles and miles from cell/2 way radio service and to have it fail would be a significant inconvenience. The T45 uses notable less amps too.

j

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
So my new Terra 45 (with synthetic line) landed on the door step today. I’ve emailed Superwinch twice now with not response, regarding the growling T35 oh well, disappointing. Tomorrow I’ll make time to drop it in place I’m thinking.

In checking the part numbers it appears I can leave the T35 Electric harness in place (I.e., fuse block, controller relay) as part numbers are the same. Thinking will just swap out winch, Superwinch plate and it should bolt right up to my KFI winch mount. I might get the Superwinch plate tabs (that hold the fairlead) gusseted, as the T35 one I’ve bent from winching. The tabs need to be stronger (with roller fairlead anyway), they bend fairly easily.

Thanks, j

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!