P500 Share your Pioneer 500 photos

S

Snowbird

Sep 17, 2013
Added a few accessories. Ready for bird hunting.

Honda Pioneer

M

markl

Sep 11, 2014
Can you comment on how it is to load in your truck? Does it drive between the wheel wells with those tires? What do you think about the weight on your tailgate?
Regards
Mark

S

Snowbird

Sep 17, 2013
markl said:
Can you comment on how it is to load in your truck? Does it drive between the wheel wells with those tires? What do you think about the weight on your tailgate?
Regards
Mark

Not sure if your question was directed to me....but I don't load it in my truck.

I load mine on a 5x8 trailer I previously had. It's an aluminum trailer with a rear tip up
ramp. The p500 fits perfectly if I remove the trailer hitch on the back of the p5.

Reactions: Tip and Dp5hunter
F

friscoguy

Sep 13, 2014
I load mine in the bed of my truck. With the 26" mudrebel tires It almost goes between the wheel wells but ends up going over one side or the other. It is a snug fit but fits well. The rear are in enough to not stress the tailgate much. Ive got a regular bed chevy p/u.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
How's it pull the 26's. It looks great!

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Weight is up,so is rolling resistance and it needs a little more throttle to get going. I haven't tried it in the mud but there is a lot more grip and speed once you get going

C

cattaco

Oct 15, 2014
Could someone actually measure the ground clearance with 26's. Thanks

advertisement
P

PaPaCraig04

Aug 22, 2014
I purchased DG Tailgate bars for added support of the tailgat when hauling the Pioneer 500 with 25" ITP MudLite tires. This week I rented a Uhaul 5'x9' cycle ramped trailer. It was perfect fit and made hauling trouble free. My Ford F-150 is a SuperCrew with 6 1/2' box. I added a 3/4" 4'x8' sheet of plywood to spread out the weight over the tailgate. I use Cabela's retractable 10' racket straps to localize the Pioneer during travel. Added the Honda 2500# winch, bow/bow holders, drawbar with ball, 11/4 tube Hitchhaul rack, and mirrors and just loving it. Did my first oil & filter change. Ready for Hunting Seasons......

Image Image Image

drop_the_beat_mx

drop_the_beat_mx

Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2015
not south enough
New to the forum, just sold my RZR XP 1000, tired of the terrible quality and cvt... I like the 500's a lot, cool rigs in this post are making me want to get one today... But I will be waiting to see what the buzz is about on the possible sport model, if that's just a rumor I'm gonna pull the trigger on a 500 and go nuts on the modifications.

Mabe

Mabe

Jul 4, 2015
Kermit II is now a month old. Added 25" MudLites XL tires and SS212 black spoked wheels. Still waiting for my winch adapter plate and wiring kit to front mount the winch. Any day now.... Hauled a load of 16 2x12's with no effort to our North woods to construct a bridge for other riders and walkers that couldn't handle a mud hole. Loving the ride so far.... Sold a Rancher ( Kermit I) 420 for this one...

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!