BOX1

Talon Share your storage options - Talon

robman

robman

Sep 5, 2019
Ownership

1. Talon R
What box is that? Does it seal decent? Been looking for one that is some what skinny front to back, so some brackets can be made to hold a relatively small cooler. Your looks pretty shallow, but a snug fit from side to side
Not water tight. I put some weather stripping around The rim to make it water resistant.

Reactions: BWAF
J

JTW

What box is that? Does it seal decent? Been looking for one that is some what skinny front to back, so some brackets can be made to hold a relatively small cooler. Your looks pretty shallow, but a snug fit from side to side
Why don’t you just build one?

robman

robman

Sep 5, 2019
Ownership

1. Talon R
Here is how i secured it.

40E753F6 12D3 47E7 B2B8 5C34673A5A15 8567706E 4A18 49AB 9513 2BFBB86642E9 D7EDC0FD 666E 4699 B611 ED3965AA73B4

J

jaymohn

Aug 9, 2019
Cincinnati
Ownership

1. Talon X
Nice find Vondy. If anyone is interested in some PRP storage solutions, I accidently bought too many and would be willing to sell at a discount. I have two side storage bags, a center (between the seats) and a driver roof bag. All new with tags still on them. Send me an email or PM me if you're interested as I'll sell at a discount.
email is [email protected]

IMG 0100 IMG 0101 IMG 0102

Reactions: Vondy and BWAF
MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Mine is pretty basic. A cooler, the Honda side bags and the bag that goes between the seats. I also have a tool bag with sockets, ratchets wrenches pliers, zip ties, air compressor, and tire plug kit. I think it will fit in the cooler but have not tried it. If it does I will have two coolers, one for drinks and one for tools.
IMG 5435

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Has anyone tapped into the space under the front passenger seat on a 4 seater? It's just empty space, but no way to get to it. Also curious about a better set up under the driver seat.

I've only had mine a week, but I am using one of those cheap black totes with the yellow lid. So far it's OK, somewhat rain proof just because the lid over laps, but not great since the whole lid can hold an inch of water. I did pick up a pair of the same style but exactly half the size that fit perfectly in the lid of the current one. I'm planning on mixing 1 or all 3 depending on the the trip.

I'm interested in any chain saw mounts, also. I have a small 14" top handle saw and a large 32" chainsaw that I may bring one or the other depending on the trip.

Also curious what you guys are doing for extra fuel.

Reactions: nitrotmann
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Great ideas here!

One thing I'll miss about my RZR is my Jemco Cargo Box. I became the third US dealer for them after I saw the boxes. Great design and function but only for RZR at this point for the small Canadian company. Great people too. The owner calls me often to check with me.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I went with the following:

Rubbermaid 35gal Action Packer for $40
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I1BU6E/?tag=sxsweb24-20

I found it doesn't seal well enough to keep the dust out, so I'll be creating a seal for it using some type of sticky backed foam/rubber seal. It keeps the water out.

It's a really snug fit in the rear cargo area and sits just a little off center because of the flag/whip mount on the roll bar. You can see how snug it is the in the pics below.

I removed 6 of the bed bolts and replaced them with spacers under the box and longer bolts with fender washers on top. The spacers were just stacked washers which allowed me to tighten the bolts without deforming the bottom of the box.View attachment 152709

Thanks for the info! Got our boxes installed.
IMG 5929

Reactions: CID and Tramguage1
Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Thanks! I'm sure somebody will make a complete bed cover. We did it this way so you can still have a tool bag on one side and a rotopaX on the other.

I'm kinda in this boat too, I first thought I'd want a box that filled the whole bed. Now I'm thinking about just using what I got, or getting something the same size that has a latching lid. Right now I have room for a Jerry can on one side and some tow straps on the other. Plus I can put my little shovel behind the box.

Come summer time, and family camping trips, I'm going to have to come up with something for all our gear. I'm thinking about making a roof rack out of 1"x120 wall aluminum tube.

And or maybe a very small jeep style trailer. :eek: Most of our areas around here involve setting up camp in one spot and then doing trail runs from there. Having the heavy stuff like the ice chest, spare gas, spare tire, most tools, ect in the trailer at camp would be awesome.

Reactions: SuperATV
strubby

strubby

Jan 9, 2020
Central FL
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Following this thread too.

I just used a 30qt Engel cooler/dry storage box and water proof bag in the RZR, but want something better and easily removable for the Talon. I like the idea of two of these storage boxes, but doesn't appear they are insulated to use as a cooler and very expensive. I may end up using one larger box and a soft cooler inside, but container needs to be water tight for the riding we do. Keep the ideas coming!

strubby

strubby

Jan 9, 2020
Central FL
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Ended up buying the SATV cooler on sale from Ebay for simplicity. We typically only need a cooler on local rides and I can add Rotopax cans and waterproof bags with other odds and ends for trips. Will post photos this weekend.

D

DavidHenn

Jan 22, 2020
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X
We use the craftsman versastack boxes with the wheels removed. Bottom box is bolted to the floor others lock on. Boxes are dust and waterproof. Gives us plenty of options for everything from day rides to 3-4 day excursions where we stay at different motels every night. Cooler is a Coleman and just sits there. I had the metal part that mounts to the box to hold the cooler in made a a local sheet metal shop for $30. I painted the top of the cooler with Rustoleum spray paint for plastic. “Poppy Red” matched the boxes real close.

073B1FF6 9181 4EC6 956E 8E5341DD6126 8C99910F 0A6F 43E9 8722 4C35715CB883 4C3FCA1F 5622 4E62 89A1 EB766154883F B5E46193 7CE0 47C6 B518 46DB53902CAB

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!