Shift Lever's stopping air flow

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Went for a ride today and have come to the conclusion that once my cab is completed and the heater is installed,I'll have to try to figure out away too stop the cold air comming in through the lever's. My question to anyone who has installed there heater is have you figured out how to stop the cold air comming in around them. I have some idea's but just wondering if anyone has it figured out already. I've already closed the gap around the brake and gas pedal.I accomplished this by unbolting and removing both pedals then sealed the gap with silicone.Any air leakage anywhere defeats the purpose of having a heater,so I need to stop all cold air leaks that I can.

Reactions: Montecresto
B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
I recently noticed the same issue.

I think thin rubber "donuts" secured around the levers behind the dash will work. Might be tight trying to fit in there and mount em though, I haven't looked yet.

F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
could make some kind of sliding plate on the bottom side.

B

binfordw

Oct 15, 2013
I had a quick look at the backside of dash and ordered a sheet of rubber, I'll post details when I finish.

Reactions: Hawk53
D

daberry

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 4, 2013
Kansas
Just got my front doors on yesterday. Took a cruise today and the air coming in around the pedals and shifters is now very noticeable. Still it was 15 F with a 30 mph wind so the cab was VERY nice to have. :)

binfordw... appreciate whatever you find that works.

Dale

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had a quick look at the backside of dash and ordered a sheet of rubber, I'll post details when I finish.
Were you able to do anything with the rubber sheet behind the dash ?

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!