P1000 Shift mode cable box problems

E

EHS

Dec 1, 2018
washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2017 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Limited edition with I-4wd. wanting to know if anyone with I-4wd has experienced problems with I-4wd. The problem I’m experiencing is an intermittent problem when shifting from Turf to Rear Diff lock and to I-4wd in any order going in and when coming out from one to the other. Sometimes it takes almost a mile to change from one to the other. Other times it’s instant. The dealer has adjusted the cables multiple times and replaced the turf mode switch. Any ides or input would be appreciated. This has been happening since I bought it new with 4.7 miles on it. It is still under warranty and Honda says if the dealer takes it apart and doesn't find a manufacture defect they won't cover the warranty what the hell are they thinking.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Sjc3081

Sjc3081

Jan 16, 2017
Wappinger NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a similar problem with my 18 1000-5 base. It was a cluster fxxk. The problem was corrected by the dealer replacing the rear differential.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Search YouTube for the 1000 cable adjustment. Most dealers seem to have trouble getting it right. It's not that hard to do yourself. It seams each machine is a little different. It just takes a few minutes and some patients

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!