P1000 Shifting Issues 100 Mile mark

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Pretty well sums it up yup ! I'm sure I'm just a little spooked, I don't find mine all that hot, I did take the engine cover off, that's a no brainer for me. Amazing what a little air can do. I'll either learn it, it can learn me or it will be gone..
Thanks
Yeah... Honda has a machine that could send some to the brink of nutsville, and at the same time retain their loyal fanbase. My conclusion is that the only way you'll be satisfied is if you've never owned a SXS from another company.

Reactions: BWAF

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine does and it ain't confused. HA
No... it doesn't. It's an immediate driving input that the computer decides what to do. If you floor it from a dead stop, it'll hold first gear into high rpm before shifting and then even second until it realizes you are driving like a jackass. There is no long term, driver specific set of driver behaviour patterns that P1Ks adapt to .

N

Nine2Nine

Feb 24, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah... Honda has a machine that could send some to the brink of nutsville, and at the same time retain their loyal fanbase. My conclusion is that the only way you'll be satisfied is if you've never owned a SXS from another company.

Nutsville is within sight for sure, I thought I wanted a belt-free machine and now I'm not so sure, compared to a Ranger I fell like I'm driving a Ferrari to get milk lol. But they did do a lot of things right and if they run as long as some say worry free than I'll be ok, if not she'll be gone, I just ordered a Polaris sled, never thought that would happen either haha.

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If possible post a video doing both auto and manual and recreate the situation.

N

Nine2Nine

Feb 24, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-2
If possible post a video doing both auto and manual and recreate the situation.

I will try if it ever stops raining here, here's one for you, I don't really have Manual, I'd call it Semi-Manual, it shifts and does what it wants anyway in Manual mode.
I kind of like the new way it's acting but would expect a slow break in of clutches etc, not drastic. 4 year warranty, I'm just going to drive it and try not to analyze it too much.

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Do a search under this thread for your reset instructions

D3EB3EE4 7B80 4670 8BB4 B2CF418658ED

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will try if it ever stops raining here, here's one for you, I don't really have Manual, I'd call it Semi-Manual, it shifts and does what it wants anyway in Manual mode.
I kind of like the new way it's acting but would expect a slow break in of clutches etc, not drastic. 4 year warranty, I'm just going to drive it and try not to analyze it too much.

In manual mode the only thing it should do is down shift automatically once you have slowed down to certain points, at least that’s what mine does

Reactions: ohanacreek and BWAF
N

Nine2Nine

Feb 24, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-2
In manual mode the only thing it should do is down shift automatically once you have slowed down to certain points, at least that’s what mine does

Correct it acts like this now, but at first it would not hold a gear or take a gear when I wanted it too.
I like the way the machine is working now, I'm guessing my first 100 miles with the kids and literally never going over 15 MPH it never really had a chance to break in, seat gears and break in the clutch, it actually runs like it should now. And Sport mode feels right. Before it felt like it was in an extreme Sport mode all the time.

Thanks

W

WildTurkey

Feb 8, 2018
Nantahala NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Correct it acts like this now, but at first it would not hold a gear or take a gear when I wanted it too.
I like the way the machine is working now, I'm guessing my first 100 miles with the kids and literally never going over 15 MPH it never really had a chance to break in, seat gears and break in the clutch, it actually runs like it should now. And Sport mode feels right. Before it felt like it was in an extreme Sport mode all the time.

I run almost exclusively in low range and manual. Up shift point I choose is about 3000 RPMs, much below that and it ignores the manual request. I try to downshift manually near 3000 as well. If not, it seems to do a pretty good job downshifting itself smoothly especially from 3 to 2 to 1.
If you want a smooth shift, play with what you are doing with the accelerator as you shift, as you might if driving a manual shift car. I find if I'm accelerating hard and shift I usually end up with a harder shift than when backing off on the accelerator slightly as I shift.

Reactions: Nine2Nine and BWAF
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!