BOX1

P700 shifting issues

B

Battlevue

Jun 26, 2019
Virginia
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a 2014 700-2 with about 12,000 miles. Have just started having a few issues. Had a rattle in the chain in the engine found the chain tensioner bad and replaced it. Just be fore I replaced it was having a little power issue which I assume is because the tensioner was shot and held no pressure at all and began to have shifting issues. Now that I have the chain tight I have really bad shifting issues. Machine shifts fine until it gets warmed up good. You can be clicking along at 35 mph and it will just downshift into second which barks the tires and nearly throws you through the windshield. Once it starts into that it will eventually drop you to first and will not shift up until it cools down. changed the oil with tensioner so within the last 10 miles. I do have a service light on in the dash which has been on as long as I can remember which I just assumed is because it's never been to the dealership. This vehicle is used daily on the farm and is not run hard at all. Transmission does not slip just wondering if anyone would have some advice. something is telling me a sensor somewhere is bad (oil pressure)?

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
sorry I don't know on the trans but the periodic service light(steady wrench) is shut off by holding the button down when you turn on the key, sound like that different than the engine codes that flash or whatever if you have a problem

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
kinda sounds like a selenoid is bad. probably sticking open after warm up.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!