P500 Shifting....

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Just a strange thing in my Pioneer lately...when in low gear, all my display shows is - it will shift to second afterwards but wondering whether it is an adjustment than can be corrected...it's not on an incline or a bind when doing it either..all the time now.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unhook battery cables and leave off over night. Seemed to "reset" the computer on a few I have seen doing that. Seemed like the shift sensor was confused...

Reactions: SBuckJ and JACKAL
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Unhook battery cables and leave off over night. Seemed to "reset" the computer on a few I have seen doing that. Seemed like the shift sensor was confused...

Warning, incoming Redneck tip:

If you don't want to wait all night, you can REMOVE BOTH battery cables from the battery and touch them together. That will drain any residual quickly.

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Thanks...I'll be unhookin it...I'm wondering the cause? I hate to correct a problem without knowing what caused it...we had stopped and listened to the stereo for a while...thinking draw on the battery may have caused it??

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks...I'll be unhookin it...I'm wondering the cause? I hate to correct a problem without knowing what caused it...we had stopped and listened to the stereo for a while...thinking draw on the battery may have caused it??

Weak battery could certainly do it!

Reactions: SBuckJ
SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
P500 - Error code 24

Read this and see if this sounds like your problem.
Thanks! Never know but I am not getting a code...just a - in Low..and if I shut it off in that gear it won't start...did someone on here say there was a gear adjustment or wouldn't that be the issue? I have it disconnected from the battery this evening..hope that's it.

393stroker

393stroker

May 26, 2015
Another trick to start it in gear is to press the brake peddle. Then it will crank in gear. Not sure about gear adjustment but there is a clutch adjustment. Hope this helps until you get it figured out.

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Another trick to start it in gear is to press the brake peddle. Then it will crank in gear. Not sure about gear adjustment but there is a clutch adjustment. Hope this helps until you get it figured out.
Clutch adjustment...that's it! I found it here Shifting problem ..I may have to try that. I'll see if it reset this morning after having the battery unhooked all night. If it has the dash (-), even with the brake pushed, it will turn over but will not start unless there is a number in the display.

advertisement
SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
None of the above has worked so far...may be time to take to the shop....but it didn't keep me from riding...just couldn't shut it of with the dash showing :)

Reactions: Craigmont
393stroker

393stroker

May 26, 2015
I know when mine started messing up it would give the (-) a lot like the shift motor was not strong enough to complete the shift. Then it quit shifting completely and would give the code. I took it apart and cleaned it. Not had a problem since. Good luck let us know what you find wrong.

Reactions: SBuckJ
SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
I know when mine started messing up it would give the (-) a lot like the shift motor was not strong enough to complete the shift. Then it quit shifting completely and would give the code. I took it apart and cleaned it. Not had a problem since. Good luck let us know what you find wrong.
I'll definitely try that this week...if I get the time. Thanks again!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!