Shock nitrogen gas pressure

Worrom1

Worrom1

Aug 9, 2020
Fallon nevada
Ownership

1. Talon X4
bought the shock therapy spring set up for my X-4 3 weeks ago made a big difference in the ride, bought the reservoir caps with the schrader valve from Schmidty racing last weekend and charged the shocks to 210 psi. Totally different machine. Foot stays on the throttle,goes thru the bumps at speed,no need to back out of the thottle for the big Gs, rocks and whoops no problem huge improvements

Last edited:
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I run 200psi front and rear in re-valved and modified factory R shocks. I also run the Schmidty Racing reservoir caps. They make really nice stuff!

Reactions: Smitty335
Worrom1

Worrom1

Aug 9, 2020
Fallon nevada
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I run 200psi front and rear in re-valved and modified factory R shocks. I also run the Schmidty Racing reservoir caps. They make really nice stuff!
I’m thinking of lowering the rear pressure the front works great when I drilled the front there was very little pressure in them and I was bottoming, no bottoming now

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I think the Schrader value is a vast improvement. Good purchase and I am going to do the same. Why did you not go with the Shock Therappy Schrader values? Where do you buy your nitorgen and do you have your own storage tanks? Cost of tank? Thanks

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think the Schrader value is a vast improvement. Good purchase and I am going to do the same. Why did you not go with the Shock Therappy Schrader values? Where do you buy your nitorgen and do you have your own storage tanks? Cost of tank? Thanks
You can buy a small tank and have it filled for a $120 at Holston gas in Jacksboro. They will refill the tank for less than $20. This was last August. I've fill 2 sets of pioneer shocks and don't know how much gas is left in the tank. I bought the gauges and hoses from schmidty racing for around $150.

Last edited:
Worrom1

Worrom1

Aug 9, 2020
Fallon nevada
Ownership

1. Talon X4
the reason i went with schmidty was they make the caps for the 2.0 fox shocks S.T. does not at this time. 2.0 fox are on the front of my X-4. tripleB answered your other question

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
bought the shock therapy spring set up for my X-4 3 weeks ago made a big difference in the ride, bought the reservoir caps with the schrader valve from Schmidty racing last weekend and charged the shocks to 210 psi. Totally different machine. Foot stays on the throttle,goes thru the bumps at speed,no need to back out of the thottle for the big Gs, rocks and whoops no problem huge improvements
Where is Schmidty’s at. Can the Talon be taken to them for all that shock work?

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
ST is so overrated it's not even funny. Goes to show what posting a few BS filled videos on YouTube does for your business. They talk a good game but that's it....

Reactions: Udaman and Hometeam
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Where is Schmidty’s at. Can the Talon be taken to them for all that shock work?

Pull your shocks off and send them to George at Double E Racing in Louisiana. I promise you that the magic he can do to these Talon shocks is incredible and not like the work these other canned tune shock shops do. He's not a one size valving/spring rate type shock tuner and will spend time talking to you to get the perfect setup for your riding style and machine requirements. He also sells Schrader caps like Shmidty's for the Fox shocks so if you need a complete setup he can do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheetmetalfab

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!