P1000 Shocks or Wheels/tires/FwdAarms

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Leesville, South Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am debating what to do. I have a stock P1k deluxe. I am wondering what would be more beneficial Shocks or running 30's all the way around with spacer and front A arms?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am debating what to do. I have a stock P1k deluxe. I am wondering what would be more beneficial Shocks or running 30's all the way around with spacer and front A arms?
All three! If you have to do it in stages, #1 A arms #2 tires and wheels & #3 shocks. The reason I picked shocks last is, if you buy a good shock, they will ask you what modifications you have done to your entire machine and the gross weight including passengers and set your shocks up for you with those parameters.

Last edited:
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Shocks make it more comfortable while the others make it more capable. Depends on your use and who rides with you. If wife rides or you have bad back get shocks first. Otherwise I’d make it more capable and make it comfortable later

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well the whole family rides. Kids 17, 13, 5. So the 5 rides in the middle upfront. I lean towards shocks to help with normal trail riding bumps that is. But never being in a ride other than stock I wouldnt know how much of a difference shocks makes compared to tires. As in I don't mind getting stuck or bottoming out. cause I always ride with someone on long excursions.

Reactions: TripleB
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would have to agree with Smitty I did wheels and tires first which I went with a 235 75 15 and now I'm to the point if I upgrade my a arms then I'm going to need bigger tires

Reactions: JTW and Leukic
Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
All three! If you have to do it in stages, #1 A arms #2 tires and wheels & #3 shocks. The reason I picked shocks last is, if you buy a good shock, they will ask you what modifications you have done to your entire machine and the gross weight including passengers and set your shocks up for you with those parameters.

That makes sense. I am not a tinkerer when it comes to certain shocks I see with ALOT of adjustment. I just kinda want something with small adjustment for know with the kids and all and maybe later upgrade to something that me and the wife will tackle duo style. More difficult riding per say.

Reactions: BWAF
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Shocks are an incredible upgrade, I went with Fox and have been extremely happy with them for their simplicity but there are several to choose from.

I did arms wheels and tires first because I wanted to get stuck less first and did shocks pretty soon after because wife complained it was rough

Reactions: Leukic and BWAF
Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Shocks are an incredible upgrade, I went with Fox and have been extremely happy with them for their simplicity but there are several to choose from.

I did arms wheels and tires first because I wanted to get stuck less first and did shocks pretty soon after because wife complained it was rough
I haven't gotten the EYE yet about how rough it is because before the honda my wife or kids never rode anything other than my 4 wheeler so. But I notice its a little rough I suppose. since I have never rode in another one with better shocks lol

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did AArms and 30s first. The ride was noticeably better. Ran it that way for almost a year before doing fox shocks. Then another year before re springing the shocks. Would do it like that over again with out a doubt

advertisement
Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Mostly depends on the terrain and speed. More details on that would help. Skidplates might be #1.
I have a source from work that is getting my father and I 1/2 UHMW 4x8 for $310 per sheet. Frieght to my work. That is already in the works. I have the template from this site. the 700 we are just gonna do our best. But we ride WindRock Alot and Morganton NC Brown mountain alot. rocks there.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I have a source from work that is getting my father and I 1/2 UHMW 4x8 for $310 per sheet. Frieght to my work. That is already in the works. I have the template from this site. the 700 we are just gonna do our best. But we ride WindRock Alot and Morganton NC Brown mountain alot. rocks there.
In that case, skid & tires #1.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I missed that part. Like Snuff said..skid first!!

Reactions: Russ989 and Leukic
Outacntrl

Outacntrl

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just went through this and went with 30's and arms. I still plan on doing something with the shocks but am glad I did tires and wheels first, makes the machine way more capable.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did AArms and 30s first. The ride was noticeably better. Ran it that way for almost a year before doing fox shocks. Then another year before re springing the shocks. Would do it like that over again with out a doubt
Glock are you running a lift as well or just a-arms and 30’s?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!