Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Look at the max load on the shock you posted. Consider your SxS weighs something over 1k pounds. Factor in your weight. Factor in a passenger’s weight (if applicable). Factor in your load/gear weight. That gets you to the static weight load. Now bounce up and down on your bathroom scale and see how high your weight bouncing on that scale gets to. Jump an inch or two in the air and see what that scale spikes up to. Those max fluctuations are your dynamic load. Consider from there what you think that type of dynamic load would be for the entire weight of your static SxS load you calculated earlier.

Long story short….I’d bet you’re going to blow out those shock seals in very short order. IMHO…don’t waste your time or your money.

Welcome to the forum from Canton, OH!
Red is the fastest color!
Pics or it didn’t happen!
#NTC
That's why your the prez , impressive , but please stop wearing socks with your crocs

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where are the posts for WE shocks that have blow out seals?

He's not talking about WE's Dave. He's talking about those cheap shocks that the OP referenced.

Thanks.
I am thinking, did I just install shocks with a known problem.
When I looked for WE shocks on this site, members like them.
Yeah Trigger nailed that misunderstanding. The shocks op posted the specs for here are rated at approximately 440 pounds max (according to the post anyway). I was trying to help the OP see why that isn’t going to cut it.

Walker Evans or Elka (in whatever stage your wallet and/or desire can handle) are definitely the two aftermarket shock companies I’d recommend for the P5. Not saying there isn’t someone else out there but those are the two that I see peeps consistently say are a direct P5 fit and are happy with their purchase.

Bmurray

Bmurray

Lifetime Member
May 6, 2021
Missouri but soon to be Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X
If you drive slow, there is no need for aftermarket shocks. The front p520 shocks are bad. Here is a photo of the stock front next to a WE shock. Over the same trail, I can drive faster with the WE shocks. The front shocks are great for work, there is very little sag. I am saving the stock for snow plowing.

View attachment 332939
The p520 is about the slowest sxs made.

drrjv

drrjv

May 3, 2022
Delaware
Ownership

1. 520
Bit the bullet and put the $79 Newsmarts 340 mm Nitrogen Gas Shock Absorbers on my 520!

Initial test run was a big success. Able to handle higher speeds with much improved ride on semi-rough terrain. Much better than the stock shocks.

Quick install. Needed 10 mm washers for spacers as the eyelet is not as thick as the stock shock.

Here is the link of the ones I got: https://amzn.to/3zxbyTP

34180D2A F66D 40F3 A6B4 781AA593A959

Hib

Hib

Lifetime Member
Jan 1, 2021
Far N.E. Iowa
Ownership

1. 500
Bit the bullet and put the $79 Newsmarts 340 mm Nitrogen Gas Shock Absorbers on my 520!

Initial test run was a big success. Able to handle higher speeds with much improved ride on semi-rough terrain. Much better than the stock shocks.

Quick install. Needed 10 mm washers for spacers as the eyelet is not as thick as the stock shock.

Here is the link of the ones I got: https://amzn.to/3zxbyTP

View attachment 338475
Did you install both front and back?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!