Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
A shot from yesterday's ride. Called the buzzard roost. Overlooks the tunnel on I-40 just after you enter into North Carolina.

SH21

SH21

Mar 18, 2021
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last day in Maine was a good trip. For anyone familiar with the area we started out in Eustis, head south to Quill Hill then back down to Rangeley for lunch and cold beer. Spotted a nice creek deep enough to swim and cool down on the way south....Quill hill showed clear weather so we kept going. The little 700 is screaming for Elkas! Trails were real good actually but the water bars kill us and bottom out hard if I'm not careful.

Waiting for the check I saw the dark clouds coming in and it was time to go! Made it about 1/2 way of 30 mile trip before the storm caught up to us, some of the worst rain/thunder/lightning I've been through. Saw lightning strike within 100 yards twice, several others were behind us so I couldn't see how close but almost no lag between the flash and the boom. Canvas roof and goggles kept us safe!
Happy trails!

View attachment 394974

View attachment 394975
View attachment 394976
View attachment 394977
View attachment 394978
Do you have a place up there or were you staying somewhere you can ride directly from? Haven’t been up to that area yet, but it’s on our short list.

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
Do you have a place up there or were you staying somewhere you can ride directly from? Haven’t been up to that area yet, but it’s on our short list.

We stayed at a campground in Eustis, called cathedral pines. Trail access from the entrance/gate area, not directly from within campground. Nice place, though over the last 2 years a good chunk of trails to the north have closed and I believe some connecting trails to other regions are iffy. Still plenty of trails for us, good variety of terrain.

Another area a bit further south we have been to was in Coos Canyon, I think it was called coos canyon campground. Lots of good trails right from the campsite. Rangely was about an hour North on the trails if I remember correctly.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You just can't get enough of that Trouser trout can you?
Northern waters no. First time I went, my to be in-laws took me along on their Summer vacation for 30 days, that was 43 years ago. The first couple days I learned Zebco 33's don't belong in Canada, gutted both of them in 2 days. I learned fast how to use a level wind. It's a blast fishing up North. You throw big lures for Muskie and Pike, like 10 - 12 inches long. Like Gold spoons, Dog Walkers were the best with 6 inch steel leaders. I want to go back bad! The lakes up there were formed from the Glaciers melting and headed South digging out all the lakes, usually running from North to South with rock reefs every where.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Northern waters no. First time I went, my to be in-laws took me along on their Summer vacation for 30 days, that was 43 years ago. The first couple days I learned Zebco 33's don't belong in Canada, gutted both of them in 2 days. I learned fast how to use a level wind. It's a blast fishing up North. You throw big lures for Muskie and Pike, like 10 - 12 inches long. Like Gold spoons, Dog Walkers were the best with 6 inch steel leaders. I want to go back bad! The lakes up there were formed from the Glaciers melting and headed South digging out all the lakes, usually running from North to South with rock reefs every where.
All I use is flies. Nothing like catching a 3-4 lb rainbow on a fly rod. Feels like a 10-12 lb'er

advertisement
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Remnants of the Lamartine Mine. Those old miners were some tough SOBs. ~10,500 elev.
I 8M2cbR6 X2

Along the way -

Remains of an OLD pickup -
I tv7JJgf X2

The End. I love finding old, deserted trails. Even if I had a chainsaw ...
I G5Xz2nk X2

opening the trail would have been a lot of work, not what I'm there for.
I RvbQDGr X2

Another tree stoppage but the trail didn't continue past this.
I HPZV9jf X2

Behind me -
I 3fsRTvC X2

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
@CID Do you ever get into situations where you wish you had a winch?
Hi Harvey - I hope to be schmart enough to know my limits before I need to use the winch (Man plans, God laughs). However, I rode Rusty Nail in Moab with two lunatics and we used them 3 or 4 times to get up obstacles. :oops:

An example of one obstacle -

Last edited:
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
That's determination! Or maybe insanity?
Yeah, this. 😊 I have to be conservative when I'm alone (and I hate it). When I was riding with these two lunatics, one thing brought me comfort - all 3 of us were in Talons, so, in effect, we were in 'spec' cars. If I just watched a guy do something insane in the same vehicle I'm driving, I KNOW THAT IT CAN BE DONE, all I have to do is copy him/them (it's one of my superpowers). :cool: That, and if I do tip over, someone is there to tip me back on my wheels.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!